Could You Fall In Love With Artificial Intelligence?

The year is 2045, artificial intelligence has become highly advanced. There are now A. I dating services that are custom designed for your personality. After a certain period of time, the service will provide the option to embody your A. I into an android, based upon the way in which you have interacted together. Would you try this service?Could You Fall In Love With Artificial Intelligence??

• Yes I would
  • No I wouldn't
  • None of the above
    Vote C

1535

Most Helpful Girl

• This seems interesting to me. I would definitely check it out. AI'S have always interested me. I would like to see how this would actually function as most "advanced ai's" I've messed with disappoint me in there abilities to learn to be "human"

• We will reach a point in which artificial intelligence becomes smarter than the average human.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a programmer and electronics engineer, I would say we could have sufficiently advanced software that could mimic human behaviour. So, in theory it would be possible, as scary as it sounds!

What Girls Said 14

• Not a chance.

• Nah, I wouldn't be up for anything romantic with an android.

I'd be up for some epic conversations and arguments, though. I might finally know what it's like to lose a debate. XD

• Why not just use it as a means to an end to become like a legacy to you? I mean they'll last for a very long time and is more than likely going to outlast most humans. Far more efficient compared to having to create future offspring that may or may not die unexpectedly all of a sudden. I thought of the idea that if only I could save as much data and knowledge as I could and pass it onto an intelligent AI and have it guard it even after I'm long dead and pass on that information, etc. Being able to teach it all the stuff that I'm aware of and know, etc. and then relay it back to the future, even after I'm long gone such as centuries and millenniums later. People don't last forever, but this might be a means to salvage and record all of your memories, knowledge, experiences, etc., so they don't become lost permanently or easily. People always believed that a legacy has to mean children and offspring, but like I said, people are frail and fragile and won't last for a long time.

• @Quintessence "I don't intend on having children" same here.

I don't agree with it after I realize how this world is and is becoming, it just isn't something I find to be just nor fair to subject someone else to, to a reality and world like this that they had never asked to be part of, and they may or may not be happy with my decision once they realized that.

In fact, I always thought that if there's a need for AI, it's mostly because of how important it would be to salvage ever last bit of data, records of our species history etc., as I honestly don't expect us all to last forever and be around forever, we might not be "saved", but our precious history, data, records, etc., CAN be, well I hope it does outlast us all by the time we're all gone forever. Otherwise when we're gone forever, there isn't going to be anything left about our existence altogether. THE BIG PICTURE.

But even then, machines no matter how intelligent, and powerful aren't perfect nor indestructible either.

• Nor can or will they ever last forever, although I wish they would and can figure out that part for themselves.

• If I haven't found love by the time I'm 46 sure I'd give it ago I hope the androids look really human

• It would be one-sided, like falling in love with a movie star on a screen. It only happens if you are mentally disturbed.

• I guess in 2045 I'll be wrong. Your perfect person will literally be able to fall into your lap. People who want a S/O to obey their every single whim want slaves, not partners. In this case, I'm not against A. I playing that role.

• No. I'm not even really into the idea of even online dating. I think partners should meet by chance.

• No. I need the warms of a human.

• Anyone else notice that they haven't developed a male robot for women?

• yas I want me a nice robotic man with an even nicer robotic D

• A. I. creeps me out.

• Will the AI have a prostate "installed" to provide pleasure? I know the AI cannot ejaculate. That's even better. I just want "him" to perform the stroking task like real guys do. If yes, I won't need a man anymore!

• I am sure I can. But it will be painful AFTER falling in love, because it's like a LDR for infinite time.

• I can masturbate using my imagination for free.

• Also, I’ve seen Ex Machina.

• Yes I would.

What Guys Said 34

• One of the many attractive feature of my girlfriend includes her nurturing nature. It lets me know that she'll make an amazing wife and mother. Some of the things an AI won't be able to do.

There are also a few other things that would be difficult like traveling the world and having alone time.

I think I'll just stick to the human variety.
    We might not be perfect but that's what makes the good times even greater. In fact some of our stupidest moments together make the greatest memories :)

• I thought desire is "IRRELEVANT" for machines, simply because THEY ARE MACHINES, no? Any attachments or emotions it displays are merely simulated or mimicked and thus isn't true or legitimate.

• media.giphy.com/media/Cx27A6nEzKh9e/giphy.gif

Yeah sure I can compute with a robot!!! 🤣

• While an AI is intellegence with its own thoughts and feelings. Romantic love just wouldn't be good or healthy. For one its an AI, functionally immortal. And two your experiences would be too different. They dont die, they dont feel physical pain. The complications in empathy and understanding wouldn't make for a healthy relationship.

• 0|0
  • hmmm so let's see , a woman of your design, no struggle, no drama, no nonsense, no cheating, ... bla bla bla the list can go on and on !
    the question is why we shouldn't love it, if it has the perfect nice side of the real ones minus the evil part !

• I won't take ai seriously until they come up with something that has to go through an early developmental phase based on imaginative play in order to acquire an understanding of the world.

• Reminds me of "Her" as @owen97 said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzV6mXIOVl4

• I think I'd give it a shot, for the novelty value if nothing else.

• No! I can't imagine myself fucking a robot xD

• I'd fuck my GPS if it had a hole

• Remind me never to leave you alone with my coffee machine.

• I love anything that gets that turned on in the morning!

• No. She must be a 100% national human individual. A relationship with a machine, no matter how realistic, is hardly different from having a super advanced sex doll.

• Strange as fuck lmao

• Ehh, I'll pass on that one.

• Nah... I like the drama. Bots would not have crazy stares.

• So I get the perfect match guaranteed? No bullshit? Sign me up!

• No way, that would be insane

• watch the movie HER

• Artificial intelligence? BAD THING!

• voted no, if I wanted to have sex with my laptop I'd do it now :D

• No I wouldn't

• I like vagina too much, and there's no such thing as robot pussy.

• Nope

• I would never date/buy AI, I will destroy all AI

• Damn, I think I am one of them. :-D

• Maybe if I was all alone, trapped on a alien and flood infested ring in outer space.

• i have. it sucks. from here on out its real intelligence for me and not some dumb gurl trying to pretend she has half a brain

• Nope

• You are not from the future dumbass

• wait... which one is the question? WOuld I try it or would I fall in love? Neither

• More from Guys
    4