Do drunk people actually mean what they say?

My boyfriend and I are having an argument. He went drinking last night, got drunk, and texted me that he's sorry.

312

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your question simply, yes.

In more detail:
    The first parts of the brain affected by alcohol are the ventral atrium and prefrontal cortex, which are responsible for regulating impulse. You could call them the "brakes" in your brain. This is why people are generally more honest when drunk. They may not remember what the say the next day though because second part of the brain affected is the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory. If you start drinking from a young age, you're more likely to suffer memory loss when drinking in the long run because your brain is still developing in that area in early ages.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You get drunk and voice all of your opinions that under normal circumstances would not be appropriate.
    Ex. My grandpa one got drunk and called me a whore for dating a black guy, I was 14 at the time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE