Do drunk people actually mean what they say?

My boyfriend and I are having an argument. He went drinking last night, got drunk, and texted me that he's sorry.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your question simply, yes.

In more detail:
    The first parts of the brain affected by alcohol are the ventral atrium and prefrontal cortex, which are responsible for regulating impulse. You could call them the "brakes" in your brain. This is why people are generally more honest when drunk. They may not remember what the say the next day though because second part of the brain affected is the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory. If you start drinking from a young age, you're more likely to suffer memory loss when drinking in the long run because your brain is still developing in that area in early ages.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You get drunk and voice all of your opinions that under normal circumstances would not be appropriate.
    Ex. My grandpa one got drunk and called me a whore for dating a black guy, I was 14 at the time.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Drunk people tend to be emotional and whether these are positive emotions, or negative emotions, depend on individual character. I personally get all touchy-feely so I prefer to shut my mouth and get some sleep. My other friend, on the opposite, become aggressive. And another guy I know just starts bragging and lying. So there's no rule for it, as such.

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends if he gets drunk often and says it every time he does. If it is only occasionally, probably does mean it, but if it's several times a week then no

0|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol messes with your brain it makes you more irritable and it makes you say things you normally wouldn’t say

0|0
    0|0
  • I let my real feelings I normally keep pushed deep inside out when I'm drunk.

0|0
    0|0
  • In general, drunk people know they're drunk and realize they shouldn't, that's why they apologize for no reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • He said sorry!!! Why are you second guessing if he means it if you love him?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Wait till he's sober.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Matter how drunk they are

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he’s sorry if he said yet yes

0|0
    0|0
  • yes we do really mean whaat we say

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the person. But during an argument, almost anyone can say things they don't really mean.

0|0
    0|0
  • When your drunk a lot of things that cone out of your mouth is true. When you are drunk you blurt the things you are thinking. So yes I believe they mean it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes