Found out my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend. Neither of them know that I know. Which one should I expect to tell me first?

It happened three weeks ago, but I just found out about it last week after receiving a text from her roommate (Sandy). Sandy and I have become really good friends over the course of me and Rose's (girlfriend) relationship. She asked me to try keeping her name out of it as much as I could, since they just resigned another 12-month lease together. Anyway, I'm still in shock and am trying to wrap my head around why Rose, whom I've been with for a year, would ever do something like this.

What's even worse is the fact that she did it with my best friend, who I thought would be the best man in my wedding. me and him are basically inseparable.

Aside from all of the pain and confusion, it's scary to think that I'm (probably) about to lose the two closest people in my life. Also, I can't believe neither of them have had enough dignity to tell me. I would have thought one of them would have told me by now.

Out of curiosity, which one has more of a moral obligation to tell me? Also, any advice would be appreciated.

220

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand how you feel. My boyfriend cheated on me a few years ago with my best friend too. Just text both of them "I know everything, tell me about it" Do not reply to whatever messages they sent you after it, give them a time and place to meet and talk it out (separately, not your best friend and your girlfriend together). When you guys meet, ask if there's anything they want to confess. Ask them till they reply. If they get angry and storm out without confessing, break off your ties with them. They are not likely to change even if they stop cheating. Plus, depending on the duration they have been cheating, they will not tell you unless they feel guilty (if it's been going for more than a month they definitely won't be telling you)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You're going to ruin the surprise of who talks first? You're no fun.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think technically the girl friend has more obligation to tell you because you're supposed to have more intimacy with a partner than a friend. But honestly I couldnt tell you who would. It might be years before either of them says anything.

You don't deserve that man. You should drop both of them even though it's scary. How did you find out for sure?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE