I don't understand how this is wrong. NEED OPINIONS?

Is it wrong for me a person born in 2002 to date someone born in 1998?
It's only a 4 year difference. Yeah I'm 15 atm and he just turned 19 but I'm about to turn 16 next month I don't see anything wrong it's not like we're having sex or whatever.
  • Yes (please explain)
    Vote A
  • No (please explain)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is, first because it's illegal and could send him to jail while you'll be grounded for the next 25 years, and because you should date people around your age, same as him.
    He's almost an adult, with an adult mind, and adult needs.
    You're just out of childhood.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not illegal lol search it up "16 is the age of consent"

Most Helpful Girl

• Check your local state and US federal laws. I think in Canada 16 and 19 is ok, as long as there is NO position of trust. I personally think that 16 and 19 is ok, only 3 years.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You shouldn't be in a relationship at such a young age. You will be blinded by love and make irrational decisions that can affect your entire career. If anything, just stay close friends, because the truth is, he will move onto college most likely while you are still in high school. His life will be much farther ahead than yours and that isn't what you want in a relationship

1|0
    1|0
  • I see no reason for the two of you to not date. I understand why people would be against it, specially the parents.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in Florida and here you can date someone 5 years older than you once you are the age of consent so

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask your parents, since they're the ones who take responsibility for you until you're 18.

1|0
    0|0
    • They said that is okay😕and plus there are couples that have a 8 year distance

• If you're happy, he's happy, and your parents are kool, there's nothing wrong with it. Enjoy each other!

• I’m older
    Haaaaaaa.

I have the coolest birth year..
    (2000)
    but um I tried to get with someone’s mom whom is 2 years younger than mine.

2|0
    0|0
  • It is absolutely okay till he treats you with respect!

1|0
    0|0
    • Completely agree when he treats you with respect he's going too far but you can have sex and all that

• Show All
    • The thoughts obviously are already there and i can promise you theyre already there for Long 'cause thats the right way'

• @SomeGermanDude don't want your comments on what was my sexual development.. Sex for me is a very intimate experience that I would like to have with the girl who I would want to stay with through my life.. Not just with any girl...

• 4 years is an acceptable age difference in my opinion, and doesn't matter that one was born in the 90's and one in the 00's

1|0
    0|0
  • At your age it's sketchy. As an adult, it makes absolutely no difference for only 4 years

1|0
    0|0
  • As you get older age difference will mean less

2|0
    0|0
  • No (please explain)

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's fine. 4 year age gap isn't actually that much, and I don't see how is it a problem if he's born before 2000 and you're born after, I mean, couldn't you jut wrote I'm 15 he's 19?

1|0
    0|0
  • Noting wrond completly, as he is a guy many will think he is either taling advantage of you. That because he is an adult, he might preassure you into things like drinking, sex. People especially family can be overprotective and think the worst. Put others opinions aside. If you like him and he makes you happy, be with him, fick what other people say. Some friends or people in school in general might also have a problem, but mainly jelausy or for the sake of gossip and drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're 20 and they're 24 it won't really make a difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its wrong girl, you're a minor and he's an adult, and I know age is just a number but jail is just a room

1|0
    0|0
  • Just please do it after you turn 16 and make sure he doesn't want you only for sexual activities

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't like guys who look or date girls younger than their age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you in the US?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine, just be careful!

1|0
    0|0
  • no its fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for a relationship, it's only 3.5 years difference. Enjoy and happy coupling. 😏

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes