Why do guys have to make the first move/talk first?

I get the whole guys should always make the first move and shit, but why can't girls make the first move or talk first then that way we guys know that they are interested

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys making the first move is an extremely well established social norm, and therefore difficult to change.

Also, I personally would not feel comfortable initiating contact because some guys will without a doubt act as if you owe them something for making that move.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Because girls want a confident guy. Confident guys approach whereas unconfident ones do not. Confident guys also don't look for 'signs' they assume the girl will be attracted.

If a girl approaches there's a risk he doesn't like her so by not doing so she avoids being rejected and being seen as a slut (if she's self conscious about that)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE