Why do guys have to make the first move/talk first?

I get the whole guys should always make the first move and shit, but why can't girls make the first move or talk first then that way we guys know that they are interested

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys making the first move is an extremely well established social norm, and therefore difficult to change.

Also, I personally would not feel comfortable initiating contact because some guys will without a doubt act as if you owe them something for making that move.

0|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Because girls want a confident guy. Confident guys approach whereas unconfident ones do not. Confident guys also don't look for 'signs' they assume the girl will be attracted.

If a girl approaches there's a risk he doesn't like her so by not doing so she avoids being rejected and being seen as a slut (if she's self conscious about that)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Cause of society and women weren't supposed to make decisions and all that in the past, we've grown out of it, but it's still in our heads

2|2
    0|0
  • Some of us are just really shy, have anxiety, or not a ton of confidence. Not to mention society enforces the idea that guys make first moves

0|1
    0|0
  • Everytime I make the first move, I get a reason not to.

I feel like it just makes the relationship slow down when we're waiting for the other to make a move. Its about to be 2018. We shouldn't think like this, but we do.
    Its like we rather not go up to the rlly cute guy cus he might take the number, but might not rlly be interested - just sparing our feelings. But if he goes up to US, we know he's interested (well for the most part anyway).

I just let him do

by the way still waiting 😭😭😂

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• because women are too scared to

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not try it out eh.

0|0
    0|0
  • ya it's something I always resented