Is it weird that at 18 I have never kissed/been kissed?

I am 18 and at uni and everyone has had previous relationships except me. All the girls have had boys come up to them, except me. I just feel big ugly and stupid. Is this normal?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not unusual to be self-conscious or inexperienced, but it is totally unnecessary. If you really want to be kissed, it's actually pretty easy, but no rush. Wait for a guy who likes you. And relax, guaranteed you have at least 1 guy crushing on you. Maybe he's too shy to make the first move, or you haven't noticed his advances because you're crushing on someone else, but he's there. When you're really ready for that connection, it will come easily.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I'm 19 years old, and never had a first kiss. Most of my friends experienced being in a relationship, and some haven't ended happily for them. You should wait till the right guy knocks on your door and sweeps you off your feet.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you wait for someone to knock on your door (not literally of course) you may be waiting for him for ever. I think for both genders it takes active pursuit to get success. It isn't a good mindset for girls to have.

• Show All
    • You're right though, @TheUsername27. Waiting might last forever, and our life span isn't unlimited.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• The fact that you haven't had your first kiss is nothing to be ashaned of. Just means you present yourself with class. And that tends to defer immature guys. Your time will come. When it does that kiss will knock your socks off.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not weird but I can get how you feel (19 and also never been kissed / kissed). I hadn't had a relationship before I went to uni either (mine happened spring of freshman year). I don't know I think people just mature at different rates.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... you're just the one of the rare ones .
    That doesn't just hop on the first one at the age of 15 :))... still. you must have found a guy that should have attracted you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Same
    Never kissed
    Never had any relationship
    And I feel ugly
    Many people feel this way you are not alone
    And I am sure you are not ugly , you just have a misconception

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't get my first kiss until i was 19. But I got it from my girlfriend so I was nervous as hell, but no, dont feel weird about it sometimes it takes time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong at all. I believe that once you find the right guy it will all come naturally. Just don't shoot him down and show some interest and you'll be fine ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is Normal and very respectable since you have not gave in to the peer pressure and actually waited to find the right person.
    Don't worry

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not weird I am same I have never been in a relationship, never kissed anyone. I don't feel ugly we can talk more about our experiences if you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal to feel like that and don't worry it will solve it self

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't feel bad i didn't get my first kiss to age 28.

0|0
    0|0
  • I first kissed at the age of 24, and there's nothing strange about me.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just not met yet the right person, nothing else..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Weird

0|0
    1|0
  • its fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 19 when i had my first kiss. And i am a guy

0|0
    0|0
  • No but what do I know

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• No, people all have there first experiences at different times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not only you on that band wagon lol

It can be normal.

Some people just prefer to have sexual experience later in life, when they can be more reassured that they won't end up trying things out with an imature jerk.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s maybe a little less common but still totally normal. I’m the same age as you and I’ve never had a real long lasting relationship either and sometimes I feel the same way. You just have to go with the flow and soon you’ll find someone you really connect with

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird at all. Meeting guys and having a relationship is not a race. Why have quantity when you can have quality?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a girl like you. If you behave like best friend for guys so it is normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's good people don't know what's it's like to tame themselves from being a whore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that is weird to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not weird.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes