Is it weird that at 18 I have never kissed/been kissed?

I am 18 and at uni and everyone has had previous relationships except me. All the girls have had boys come up to them, except me. I just feel big ugly and stupid. Is this normal?

926

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not unusual to be self-conscious or inexperienced, but it is totally unnecessary. If you really want to be kissed, it's actually pretty easy, but no rush. Wait for a guy who likes you. And relax, guaranteed you have at least 1 guy crushing on you. Maybe he's too shy to make the first move, or you haven't noticed his advances because you're crushing on someone else, but he's there. When you're really ready for that connection, it will come easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I'm 19 years old, and never had a first kiss. Most of my friends experienced being in a relationship, and some haven't ended happily for them. You should wait till the right guy knocks on your door and sweeps you off your feet.

• If you wait for someone to knock on your door (not literally of course) you may be waiting for him for ever. I think for both genders it takes active pursuit to get success. It isn't a good mindset for girls to have.

• You're right though, @TheUsername27. Waiting might last forever, and our life span isn't unlimited.