Why is everyone so bothered by my realistic self-image?

Let's keep this simple, I performed a legitimate scientific experiment regarding my attractiveness. The results were not impressive. Specifically, I placed two ads on craigslist, at different times, with the exact same verbiage. One of these ads contained my picture (professionally taken, voted by my peers as the best picture taken of me), the other did not. Both ads were kept open for the same length of time, three months each. The ad containing my picture received no replies, the ad without received 50 replies. Of the 50 women that replied, 49 of them broke off contact immediately after receiving my picture. In a parallel experiment, I placed my picture on several dating apps and received no responses. Hot or Not, Tinder, Grinder, etc.

Now, the only reasonable conclusion, as far as I can see, is that I am objectively unattractive. Internally, I'm awesome. Good job, high intelligence, funny, wide variety of interests, decent storyteller, good conversationalist, loyal, caring, etc. But... Provably Butt Ugly. I'm not angry about this. Not depressed. Not even emotionally hurt. I have accepted it.

But, why are people so upset by my acceptance of this? I'm not insulting myself, talking bad about myself, I'm not even complaining about it. So, why are people so upset by the idea that I have a scientifically proven evaluation of my appearance?

02