So, his ex came up to me and told me they kissed last weekend. What do I do?

His ex girlfriend came up to me because she wanted to talk. I knew it had something to do with my boyfriend and I could see that her face was serious. She told me they kissed last weekend, and I was mortified. I asked him about it and he said he was going to tell me that they kissed - that the kiss meant nothing. Well if it meant nothing, then why did it happen? He keeps telling me sorry and that's it's over between them, but I don't know if I believe him. I really want to, because I love him but I can't stop thinking about it. I can't sleep, I can't focus, I can't even look at him without wanting to cry. I feel like crap because he wasn't going to tell me until January, and I just don't know if I should believe him. I really do love him, but is staying with him healthy for me?

21