I've met the perfect man.. Except he has a serious girlfriend.. Help?

So I've met my dream man.

We met by going for a weekend away with our mutual friends. This involved going to the spa together, going for dinner/drinks, and then sharing a common interest.

He impressed me in every way but turned out he was living with his long term girlfriend.

However, after the weekend, he messaged me. We continued to message each other and it became increasingly clear how perfect he was for me.

Things started to get more and more flirty, although we had an agreement that it would stay at banter and that's it. I respect that. I know we shouldn't even be flirting really, but I can't help myself.

We've flirted with the idea of meeting but not in any serious manner, although recently, he's seemed to be getting a bit more serious about the idea as he told me he was in my area the other day. Not with the intention to meet, but it seems to be heading in that direction.

I've come to terms with the fact we aren't going to be together. I don't want to be his bit on the side or his rebound. I know I shouldn't be flirting with him or talking about meeting. I genuinely just can't help myself. I love talking to him, it makes me happy. If it went any further I know I wouldn't be happy so I really am going to try to refrain from that. I'm just worried I won't be able to help myself.

I'm just so angry that life is like this. I can't explain why he's so perfect due to confidentiality but he really is 100% my perfect man. We would work so well together. Why have I been presented with him but not allowed to have him? What should I do?

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• What you went through darling was A honeymoon phase. I can tell you right now... this guy isn't perfect... and isn't "perfect" for you either.
    How long ago was this? its still a honey moon "get to know" phase.

You don't know how he is to someone he is dating. Just take a knee.. enjoy your time... find another guy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I absolutely agree

• It sucks haha. It's just so different to anyone else.

• It takes time @Asker and i know EXACTLY what you mean...

Most Helpful Girl

• My 2 cents... you’re just infatuated. You keep saying you know you shouldn’t be doing this and that but yet... you keep doing it. He keeps flirting with you while he’s in a relationship and even talking about meeting you... but let’s not forget the huge ass elephant in the room... he has a girlfriend... that he’s living with.

Can’t judge their situation and if they’re together for the right or wrong reasons but they’re still dating and that’s all that matters. You don’t know why this guy is even entertaining you... his relationship could be almost over and he’s interested in pursuing you, they’re going through a tough time and using you to feel better (which never ends well), or he’s lustful and greedy. You’re falling for the way someone texts you and I assume talked on the phone a few times. I once had the “perfect guy” until his true colors came out and he was everything but.

You’re already in too deep because you came on here asking about it. There’s really no “good” outcome of you continuing this situation because unless you walk away, there’s a 95% chance you’re going to just end up being the side piece whether that’s what you wanted or not.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not even infatuation, that's the thing. It's the fact that I recognise our compatibility. Yeah we keep flirting, but 90% of our interaction is genuine friendship which I value. I'm not falling for him, I don't fall in love easily. I highly doubt that either of us would let it get that far. I don't want that and neither does he.