Would you be able to date or love a girl who was a survivor of sexual assault?

So many men have rejected me as soon as I tell them about my past trauma.

I don't know why it scares people away.

I was raped but that doesn't mean I'm broken and worth any less.

Guys please share your insight! Why would or wouldn't this be a problem for you? Can you please think of any reasons? I just don't understand.

725

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I don’t mean to be offensive but maybe the “slut” in your username could be an indicator of why guys rejected you before. Are you giving off any vibes that could indicate a more promiscuous behavior? I’ve been around women that had an attitude that was very telling of their personality and how hey viewed sex and carried themselves. Also, what exactly is your definition of rape or sexual assault? Meaning, what specifically happened to you that would constitute a rape or sexual assault? Was the guy arrested?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This isn't relevant for me personally anymore. I'm in a fantastic relationship.

I'm in college and I want to be a social worker. I'm trying to understand some of the things I never figured out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't tell him unless you two are that close. I have been abused sexually a lot too, but I don't tell every guy.
    It depends on how you tell them too, if it seems you're sending a message that it still affects you, for that reason they might get uncomfortable.

But I wouldn't want anyone who would get turned off by me being human. I tend to see where the girl is good looking, and display humanness... men get turned off, because they don't view you as a person and don't want you to force them to.

You really shouldn't care too much about a person who doesn't value you anyway. Don't you have a hobby or career?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It is relevant information for people that I'm seeing and potentially going to sleep with.

It's not like it's the first thing I say.