Is it fair he wants me to put in effort?

There’s a guy I met in the summer, and we hit it off pretty well. We fell in love, but as of now distance is keeping us apart cause we live in two different countries. We’re not officially together because he’s had some trouble with long distance in the past. Before he met me he was dating someone, and said that there was no spark. I flew out to see him after less than two months of knowing him, and I cancelled an important meeting for him as well. I even skipped two days of work for him (these were all separate times) we’ve had fights abot me not putting him as a priority because he says I rarely text or call him ( I do but not all the time). After I came back from visiting him he told me he got upset that the girl he was seeing prior to me cut him off completely and I got upset over it and it caused a fight. He was having problems last week and I’ve been there for him, and still now he doesn’t appreciate me. Last night I was upset and he asked me what’s wrong and I wouldn’t tell him, and he told me that it’s not fair I never tell him my problems but I expect him to tell me his so that caused another fight. I’m always feeling like I’m in the wrong and he makes me feel like I never prioritise him. Is it fair for him wanting me to treat him specially when he doesn’t do it for me? Who’s in the wrong here?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• I almost have the same problem. During summer i met a childhood crush of mine and we hit it off. After a month she went back to germany and i started missing her. As time went by we had fights that she didn't text much or call much. That she is out with friends and when she is online she never texts me unless i do it first. Yes it hurts. And many times when i send her messages expressing my feelings she just sais okay. We rarely speak now and it is very hurtful for me. I honestly don't know what to do. I think your guy only needs reassurance that you love and want him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I constantly tell him I love him, and how much I adore him. I eventually want to make this work, and even am trying to move to be near him. I’ve wrote about 5 love letters to him, and I constantly am there for him. I do text, but he just sees what he wants to. Yes, distance plays a role on separating two people, and causing miscommunications.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, get some self esteem and move on !

A chic should NEVER need to work this hard to keep a guy. Wtf.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE