Is it shallow to not want to date someone because they're poor?

I don't think it's any different than a guy not wanting to date a girl because she's ugly. We all have our preferences and needs.
I'm sick and tired of dating this guy who can't even afford himself and lives off of the government. He can't even afford a decent meal or to take me out to a fun event. On the other hand, my friends have boyfriends who take them off on vacations to Cancun and can afford to take care of them. That's the type of relationship I want.
Is it shallow to desire to be with someone else who can provide me with a better lifestyle?

824

Most Helpful Guy

• So you're basically a gold digger. If money that important but you don't want to work for it then yes you are shallow. Being with a guy for what he can provide for you financially basically makes you a prostitute of sorts.

• I disagree. Dates and bills don't pay themselves and love alone can't make a relationship work. i want the full package. Love and financial stability.

• @asker if you want to be traditional that's fine, I hope you're a good cook! 😂

• @david199 I sure am.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are times men will be able to afford that lifestyle, and times they won't.

Money goes and comes. They might loose the job, get sick, etc.

If you want a rich man that has time for you, then you need to find the world's richest man. Because men who earn a lot, usually work a lot.

Also as a woman you need to realise that not every rich guy will take you after a while. Age is very important to them and youthful looks.

You might leave this guy and he might be a billionaire... to go for someone who's a millionaire. Life is not static... it changes.

• I agree, however I work a lot too. I don't have a lot of free time either. In addition, I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. I want the full package. Love and wealth. Sugar daddies will be the one who will replace you after you get old. Not someone who is truly in love with you.

• I am sure there are plenty of gold diggers who do a great job at pretending to love someone, but I know for a fact that these couples I'm referring to are in love. Unless you're referring to something else?

• Something else... god knows if they get raped or abused at night or left alone for days... who knows.