Do guys usually get disappointed to find out you are no longer a virigin? What do they think?

Alright, im 20 and my boyfriend is 24. so my new boyfriend found out because He asked me if i ever “sleep over” with my ex (first BF) before and i honestly said ya once in that 1year and 5 months relationship. So i guess he was trying to figure if im a not a virgin. Then his mood starts changing saying he didn't expect that from me, he thought i was “innocent good girl type” because i refused to hold his hand before we started dating. His all like he feels jelous and less special since i did that already for my ex. How do I deal with this? Is this normal for guys? I mean he had a 4 years relationship before me and i do bet his not virgin anymore too, i do get jelly at first but it doesn't bother me like his because i understand that we all had someone special before we met. Like I didn't sleep with random guys. It was my ex boyfriend and it frustrates me cause id understand more if he never had a girlfriend and we were in high school. What do you think? Is this normal

114

Most Helpful Guy

• No it its not normal. BUUUUUT... It sounded very incoherent on your part to refuse holding hands like you were the last princess of England, you sent him a message that you are a puritan and maybe that was got him attracted.

• It wasn't in a negative way it was just that it was our first date he tried holding my hands. I felt uncomfortable.

• I understand and you have every right to do so, I am just trying to show why exactly he got mad, even tho I think with time it will pass.

Most Helpful Girl

• The whole deal about virginity is another way for guys to boost their ego and pull us down. It's just a stupid social standard created by the patriarchy

• Nice did you learn that in your gender studies class? This has nothing to do with patriarchy, it applies to all genders. Many dudes who don't go sleeping around. Doesn't matter how offended someone maybe, it is in their right as they willingly engaged in the matter, in this case she willingly engaged in sexual matters with her ex, then didn't even want to hold this guys hand. As long as he is not pulling a double standard, he has the right to his opinion, and if she doesn't like it she can leave him, simple. He's not being jealous, just doesn't like the hypocrisy. There's no social standard here, you go sleeping around doesn't matter your gender, people won't respect you, respect is earned. But at the end of the day who cares anyway? Live your life and let others live theirs.

• @TimbahWolf you can’t compare it though because I slept with my ex when we were in a relationship for 1 year already. The holding hands was on the first date within 3 weeks from knowing each other. We had no verbal clarification, we werent official, i was surprised and i felt uncomfortable that time. I had the right, its not hyprocisy, just because you are no longer a virgin doesn't mean you should hold hands with anyone not your boyfriend.

• There is no patriarchy comrade Leighanaxo. The system you see around you isn't some conspiracy, it's evolution, you're busy fighting against reality, and you'll loose.