Cheating, why do people do it?

if you've ever cheated, why did you do it?
my ex cheated on his girlfriend with me (he told me he was single when i met him) and I was in a relationship with him for months until i found out.

How can you be emotionally involved with 2 people?
His girlfriend stayed with him after finding out that he cheated on her... why?
I don't understand any of it.
Did he never really love me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies, the relationship isn't any good so they start looking else where, some are perverts in "open" relationships or something weird like that, people who can't really function in a relationship, others are just scum bags who don't care , others still are actual sociopaths.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i think he was all 3 lol
      thanks for your input

Most Helpful Girl

• I myself never cheated but my cousin has, and she told me that she just doesn’t take things serious, also I believe she a bit of a narcissist ( oh I know she is). One person gave her something the other didn’t or something that has died down. Liars never change. Some people place their need before others and that’s exactly what a selfish person does. He cheated on both for the mere fact that HE wasn’t satisfied, he doesn’t care about other but himself even if he show as much attachment, which he’s a master of. The girlfriend only cares about herself as well , he might of “loved you” in the moment

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That makes sense
      thanks

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Probably because the human animal is not wired for monogamy. The occasional safe threesom usually cures that desire.

1|1
    0|0
    • it wasn't an occasional safe 3 some... it was having an exclusive monogamous emotional/intimate relationship with 2 girls at once. Investing time money and effort in both relationships for long periods of time isn't just a simple occasional 3some to cure some sort of shit he had.

i understand that from a biological/evolutionary perspective humans may not be monogamous but why would he try to pursue 2 types of specifically monogamous relationships himself? He and many men are not into polyamorous relationships

• Maybe he's just a jerk... With too much idle time on his hands.

• lmao ya that's prob it

• He must be true if he was sleeping with both then it depends if he really feels like being really polyarmorous ask him!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope Princess... he just fuck boy.

1|1
    0|0
    • yah found out the hard way lol

What Girls Said 2

• Basically for every reason under the sun, it is really dependent on the person. I got cheated on because the guy I was with was had serious validation issues.

1|1
    0|0
  • I cheated because I was being abused and wanted to feel loved 🤷🏻‍♀️

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes