Why did he ask if we would've held hands? Is hand holding a big deal for men?

So I invited this guy I've been seeing for a couple of months to watch a play with me. He couldn't make it because he was working that evening. But he called me before the play started and apologized for not being able to make it, said repeatedly he really wanted to be there with me, then asked if he would've been able to come, would we have held hands? And on our next date will I hold his hand?
Why would he ask that? Is hand holding a big deal for men?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• it's not generally a huge deal for men but i can see how some dude has that romantic preference or just longs for some kind of physical non sexual affection.

• True! He is kind of that type of a guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's a nice feeling to hold hands with someone. I don't think it's only a big deal for guys. He just wants to feel close to you.

• I agree! I told him I would hold his hand.. It was just the way he asked a few times to confirm if I would or wouldn't that got me curious.

• He was probably nervous about whether you actually wanted to do it :) it's cute

• Yeah I found it quite cute! :)