Is chivalry dead?

Why do guys not find ways are lazy when it comes to doing the little things that cost no money at all or very inexpensive to do it's like if they can't buy you something and be flashy for themselves they decide to do nothing at all what happened to the letters the text messages the notes on the pillows going for a little walk making breakfast is shivery dead?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Chivalry isn't dead. We just don't us it much since girls doesn't care about it, most of the time they think it's not even worth a thank you, and that's when you don't meet a crazy girl who think holding her the door is sexist.

There are many of us who would love to be like that, but in the end, it's not even rewarding. Feeling you're trying to make efforts for someone who thinks it's normal to do that for her, and doesn't feel grateful in any way.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well I think a guy should always be chivaris and kind to any girl he chooses to be romantically involved with or even sexually it's about having class and respect for yourself as a gentleman because you never know when you might meet that one girl that is different from the rest that deserves it but doesn't get it because of all the Horrible's before her always be yourself no matter what happens when people treat you horribly don't let them change you cuz he might miss out on something great or the girl you're talking to might miss out on something she could have had with you

• That's your way to say it, because you benefit it and think you're entitled to it. But no one will do anything if there isn't at least a bit of gratitude from his girl. He'll do it for some time and then give up when the girl shows she thinks she's entitled to is and doesn't feel grateful.
      That's how you change chivalrous guys and made them into regular guys who don't make any effort.
      If someone do something for you and you appreciate it, show it, and be grateful for what he did. Doesn't matter if it's your boyfriend or a stranger.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• first off, chivalry is completely fiction. Its wildly distorted from what it's true values are.

Second, if it was real, yes it's dead. Females have next to nothing to offer any well to do man and somehow expect to have their time payed for.

0|0
    1|0
  • ok maybe your actually 13 or maybe not, but us dudes on this website spout off all kinds a stupid shit on this website and most of it is just steam that you can't really blow off irl but for real those "little things" do not get reciprocated hardly ever.

risk vs reward. that's basic economics homegirl

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. They lack creativity. 2. They think with their lower 'brain' instead of their head. 3. Some girls just don't live up to guys' expectations so guys don't waste their time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well do girls do those same lines of things? Maybe guys don't want to do the little things to not get much in return

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I believe when people who are right for each other, and put effort into their lives are together, romance can last forever

1|0
    0|0
  • Chivalry was never alive, it is a lie romantic comedies and romanticized literature tell little girls who then grow up expecting the world is going to revolve around them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't necessarily agree shivery and what that means to me is being kind equal respectful loving person it's in our nature to be loving creatures it is also in our nature to be evil creatures it's all in the choices that we make and our surroundings and how we handle every thing that comes to us we can handle it with love or hate I don't really think it's too far-fetched to think if somebody's going to sit there and tell you they love you or care for you then why can they not show the action behind the words

• I am always happy to open a door for a woman or let her proceed first. Also walk on the outside as we walk. Many things that show I care and was brought up right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's on momentary hiatus and will come back in the next rom com.

0|0
    0|0
  • yep. feminism killed it. litterally. cause chivalry assumes differences between the genders.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not dead cause it never lived
    Showing affection is different from person to person

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion it is just a lack of a proper upbringing

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. It's depends on girls. If I Interested in her than I send her gifts n gadgets etc... etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess I should have specified I mean if you're already in a relationship why is it so hard to do something small to show you care I would rather have a note on my pillow then some big$$$ dinner then doing nothing to show me affection

• Show All
    • Thanks for be my frnd dear... will u pm me bkoz my xper lvl is very low so I can't.

• i'll cook breakfast for you OP

0|0
    0|0
  • no im a chivalrous guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of gender equality

0|0
    0|0
  • it's dead

0|0
    0|0
  • No. For me to do it though, I have to really like a girl and see a future with her. If I can't see myself and her taking our children to a playground for the first time, then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same I can ask for girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chivalry is privilege not a right. Sadly some were raised to be good people but end up being the complete opposite for various amount of reasons. Guys turn to assholes because not that many trully appreciates the small gesture of a gentleman. Nice guys end up being doormats to women who still choose the bad guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes