What do you think it is the ideal age to get married or get engaged?

Or that does not have to do with age but with maturity, security, responsability regardless if you are 15 or if you are 50?

Do you think a woman getting married or get engaged at 22 and she started dating at 17ys is a right age or she could wait at least a couple of years m ore to get married? In this case these couple alreayd had slept together slike 2 years after they started dating. These couple had 5 years together alreayd, she is 22 he is like 21, she just like 2 months agor graduated from college, and she works, he is still studying but I think he also works and even if they do not live together, the girl still leave with her mom, she and the boyfriend for some years now obviously are sleeping together. (this is just to add to add more information on the girl)

Do you think they are ready to get married at 21/22 years old or t hey could wait at least a Little bit more?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I wrote a myTake on this question more than a year ago. There is not one age that is the best age for everyone. It depends on your educational and vocational plans; the age of your partner; whether you plan to have children and, if so how many; your plans, if any, for retirement; and a few other factors. You can read the long version here:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a26192-when-should-you-get-married

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 22 is too young to get married regardless of how many years they have been a couple. Younger people usually have limited life experiences and they're therefore also more likely to make decisions they will later regret. I don't mean that they will necessarily regret the marriage because of the person they are with, but more because being married changes your life in many ways, including new responsibilities and less freedom. The danger is that some people will come to regret marrying young because they feel like they missed out on their youth. This won't, of course, be true for everyone, but probably for a lot of people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• If they've been together for 5 years, then I don't see a problem just with her being 22. Plenty of people in their 30s don't wait 5 years lol

However I do think it would be good for them to try living together first, it normally changes things and they should see how they handle it before they tie the knot

0|0
    0|0
    • They already got engaged yesterday hehe

• Show All
    • but the girl loves to live with her mom as she is very open with her and she is her dear friend. Her parents are divorced. So I doubt she will be living alone with the guy before tying the not.

• Well if she is mature and she at least understands to expect a difference when they live together, I don't think it'll be a big issue

• Either or I'd say. she's not really rushing into anything as they should have the history and relationship built on something very solid by this point. She should know for sure he's the one in my opinion. But likewise, she's still young and does not need to rush anything as it sounds like her current situation is pretty good too. It just comes down to life goals. Is she wanting kids/house/independence now or does she want to travel/work towards a higher career, etc, etc first?

0|0
    0|0
  • When you meet someone you can see yourself getting married to ! Can´t put a number on when people are ready to do certain things; they happen - life happens ! And when it does, then it´s the right time !

0|0
    0|0
  • Any answer with a definitive age is arbitrary nonsense, even if it's based on their own experience. If the couple are happy with each other and they're ready to make a legally-binding commitment, why should they wait?

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically if someone is mature enough for sex, he should be also mature enough for marriage, I find it quite silly then a marriage age is higher then age of consent.

0|0
    0|0
    • I still find 22 years to be Young to get hitched

• Show All
    • Well my EXwife was SURE she was ready. Promised me she was committed. Less than a year she left me to "figure things out on her own" she didn't grasp what a commitment she made was, how could she? She's experienced so little of the world. She doesn't understand that it shouldn't be as easy to divorce as it is to break up. She did a lot of damage by letting me agree to giving my whole life to her which left me broken physically and mentally

• Your ex-wife is an treacherous slut, who didn't know the true meaning of monogamy.

• If you find athe right one I guess age does not really matter. But I am also a big believer in couples being financially stable before marriage as well. Most divorces can be attributed to financial problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Waiting till close to 30 had it's advantages. Chance to discover who you are. Chance to be single and have some fun. Getting married too young increases the chance of divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll give you my personal example as my opinion. I decided to wait until I found the right woman, and not get married because all of my friends did. I enjoyed my 20's a lot. I ended up marrying a woman I grew up with in small town Illinois and we had lost touch for 10 years. We had known each other since 6th grade, so I thought I knew her well enough etc. I was married at 32, had my son at 35... divorced at 41. I was ready to get married, and thought I had my ducks in a row, but it didn't work.
    Moral of the story:
    1) there is no right or wrong age to get married..
    2) no one ever gets married planning on being divorced someday.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 is too young. 18 is fine. Because people are alowed to and should completely ruin their lives when they're younger. So they have time to learn

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the person like I'm ready to marry my girl at 22 which is right now maturity helps the situation a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting married is very complicated... whenever u financially stable only that time u need to get marry.

0|0
    0|0
  • About mid twenties after a long while of dating to make sure you are a good fit for eachother.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no ideal age it has to be your ideal partner, that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.
    I made that mistake once. Once.
    Never again.

0|0
    0|0
    • hahaha so u dont beleive in marriage anymore? even if both of you love each other dearly and maybe you wer dating for a long time?

• Show All
    • Why is that what happened

• Long story short I was taken for granted, betrayed, and told that she never really loved me by my wife of 10 years.

• Never

0|0
    0|0
  • No younger than 28, no older than 40.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any age 27 or older.

0|0
    0|0
  • In your 20s

0|0
    0|0
  • NEVER.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• When you are really ready

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but if a girl or a boy who are 16 years old say they are ready I dont think that is correct either.

• No but date for awhile to see where it goes

• I thought I was to be in a relationship before the year was over. I can't have everything I want. Singlehood sucks.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes