Getting over trust issues?

How can someone get over not trusting others? Ever significant other I've had has either been emotional manipulative or just very toxic and in one case even a cat fish, currently I struggle with relationship half due to sheer stupidity and half due to a lack of trust on my end, yet I wish to get past the trust issues. Any advice on the matter?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Go to a nearby park and talk to anyone you see , just say hi and if they say hi back , who knows you could become bff's and if they ignore you then keep trying. Go to social places and meet new people its scary at first but it's just like going into high school or college again but with out the work. It could be good fun on the plus side.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• 1. Naivety is NOT stupidity, don't be so hard on yourself.
    2. Understand that those happenings weren't your fault. It was them, not you.
    3. You have to talk to people and rebuild your trust and confidence. It sounds simple, but you can do it. Shit, I did. I couldn't trust anyone, but after talking to people and rebuilding my confidence, I'm making friends left and right.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not so much with making friends, I can do that, but it's taking it byond friends, I think it's linked to me being unable to trust but I find it hard to make a connection that I couldn't drop on a dime if needed

• All relationships start with being friends it's just up to you on how you build that relationship

• Wish i knew too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes