Is visiting my girlfriend at the hospital a valid reason to ask my boss for a short "vacation" from work?

My girlfriend just ended up in the hospital because of a bad fever, she had some kind of infection. The thing is, she has an irrational fear of doctors and hospitals. We have a kind of long distance relationship at the moment, she lives at the other end of the country because of work, and I'm thinking of visiting her.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can catch up with your work later or find someone who takes your place during those days, it would be nice if you could visit your girlfriend.
    I think it's a valid excuse.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE