Is visiting my girlfriend at the hospital a valid reason to ask my boss for a short "vacation" from work?

My girlfriend just ended up in the hospital because of a bad fever, she had some kind of infection. The thing is, she has an irrational fear of doctors and hospitals. We have a kind of long distance relationship at the moment, she lives at the other end of the country because of work, and I'm thinking of visiting her.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can catch up with your work later or find someone who takes your place during those days, it would be nice if you could visit your girlfriend.
    I think it's a valid excuse.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think your boss would think it is a valid reason, but depends on how easy it is to get someone else to do your job.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not that important, for me to be there, I could catch up on it and work overtime

• ya, I definitely think so

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say no

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• 2 types of people in the world. Those who put family first and those who put work first. Your choices portray your disposition.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, just go to your work man. She can recovered by herself you do not need to be there 24/7

0|0
    0|1
  • You should check the exact rules for where you work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya, family/love comes first, then work

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes