Would you date or approach a girl with a service dog?

I'll be getting my first service dog sometime next year to help with my chronic back pain and issues that stem from it. I look 100% fine on the outside, though. I've never dated anyone before, and I'm wondering if having a service dog would further deter guys from coming up to me or thinking of me as someone who they could potentially see themselves dating because I have a disability, even though it isn't visible. No one has ever asked me out before, so I'm not sure how it could get "worse" but I'm just wondering what guys would think about this if they saw a girl with a SD. TIA! 😊

129

Most Helpful Guy

• That wouldn't hurt your chances at all!

I love doggies even when they have an important job to do :)

If I met a girl with a service dog and we seemed to hit it off together I wouldn't hesitate to ask her out.

You also shouldn't be afraid to ask guys out. Most guys totally dig a girl that's straightforward :)

• Thanks! In all honesty, I don't hang out with guys a lot simply because my major and interests are very female-oriented (animal science/vet medicine/music/art). So I haven't really met anyone I've genuinely liked. I'm not entirely sure where to go to meet guys, but I'm hoping maybe when I graduate and get a job next year I will meet more people. :)

• Anywho, all of this conversation stemmed out of the fact that having a service dog will not stop people from approaching you. And judging by the amount of talking I've been doing you seem very easy to talk to :)

• Good to know! :) thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• A girl AND a doggy? Fuck yeah I would!