Friends with benefits into something more?

Have you ever turned a friends with benefits into a relationship? What made you? If you haven’t, would you consider it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's fine, but make sure you communicate well with each other so someone doesn't think it's more than it is. Usually friends with benefits means one or both people are open to seeing others; something more is usually monogamous. Friends with benefits usually implies some sort of attraction, so it's natural for it to grow into something more. But if you're going to make that leap in expectations, make sure to have a conversation about it.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a one night stand that turned into friends with benefits that turned into dating and now he talks about wanting to get married.

We just had a really good connection right from the beginning. And we both liked each other after getting to know one another. I think it was about 6 weeks from the night we met til we became official. But even then we still took things really slow. (Not meeting family or friends or getting super serious)

2|0
    0|2
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• No one should go into a friends with benefits relationship expecting anything to happen. Most of the time it doesn't or if someone gets feelings it ends.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well what's the point of friends with benefits it's like dating and sex so it's no different than getting attached to someone like you would while being a couple? Unless it's there is no dating and it's a quicky each time like dump my load and go type relationship than it's a true friends with benefits

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had many FWBs. One woman decided she had feelings for me. I told her I am not interested but if she wanted to continue a sexual relationship, that's fine. She agreed but after a while, she couldn't help it and wanted more. I told her I couldn't. So we parted ways. But I've had 5 others and it was just getting together for sex usually. Sometimes we'd go to a company Christmas party or something. Maybe dinner but it was because we're also "friends". I see no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don’t know how you do it without any emotions a lot of women can’t and get attached

• Show All
    • @SomeGuy65 True, but I didn't know it going into it... lol.. it was my first one

• Yeah, that's hard.

• Yup. My girlfriend and I were originally friends with benefits. We hooked up from an online community and just hit it off better than either of us expected. Now we live together

0|0
    0|0
  • That does not usually happen that way. Once someone considers you just for sex, they rarely think of you for something else.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never do a friends with benefits it is never a good idea

3|0
    1|2
    • it depends on the person i’ve had couple of them and still have couple i could call up to see if they want dick

• Could happen I guess, friends with benefits is kind of a lazy low IQ slob arraignment though so if it became anything it would be purely by accident.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I only start an friends with benefits with a girl I would never seriously consider having a relationship with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Friends with benefits can turn into more.
    The only problem is ensuring that you both have that mind set.
    Things can go downhill fast if one of you wants to be more and the other doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually just what it is.. Friends that get each other off when there's no boyfriend or girlfriend to do it with us. So I'd say no..

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I wouldn't date the type of girl who would be a friends with benefits or anything like that.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope. I've only had one friend with benefits. We ended it cos she started dating another guy and I was cool with that :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We play by the rules. Fortunately, both she and I know and follow the rules.

0|0
    0|0
  • It always turn into relationship if both are compatible n like them

1|0
    0|0
  • Have done it, it worked for like a year but then we went back to friends. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't waste my time with friends with benefits anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • Never would that happen if u know to keep things at the right distance from yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Can definitely happen as long as you play it right

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't but i would like to though

0|1
    0|0
  • yes, we had strong feelings towards eachother

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• I have turned a relationship into friends with benefits 😂
    I think turning a friends with benefits to a relationship could ruin things between you two if you aren't sure he wants the same

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes, my current relationship. We were actually good friends before we started having sex, our personalities really compliment each other, we both caught feelings, and we have a clear understanding of what we expect out of one another.

2|1
    0|1
  • Kinda, but it's a tricky situation. I don't recommend becoming friends with benefits when there's any chance you might be interested in more.

2|1
    0|2
  • No. If I want a relationship with someone then we wouldn't be friends with benefits. Accepting that arrangement when you want something more is a waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. Just fallen in love twice...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes