I need peoples opinion IS THIS A OUTRIGHT REJECTION THAT THEY DO NOT LIKE ME? or SOLELY A REJECTION BECAUSE WE WORK TOGETHER?

I worked with a professor in a department as a grad assistant. However, I am pursuing a degree in an entirely different department. I asked him if he would like to join me and go to a museum. The first time I asked he said via email, "Hi, I was in Chicago this past weekend (and this week). That was nice of you to invite me, though." I told him I understand, and tried one more time a week later during the break. He then said, " "Hi, Thank you for inviting me and sorry for taking a bit to get back to you. I don’t think it’s a good idea to get together outside of work. My understanding is that because we are technically in an employer-employee power dynamic, our school frowns upon that kind of friendship. Thanks though for thinking of me, Hope you had a nice weekend, see you tomorrow."

Okay, I have not ever dated that much, is this a clear rejection of NOT LIKING the person?

NOTE I WAS NEVER THIS PROFESSORS STUDENT I JUST WORKED FOR HIS DEPARTMENT AS A MASTERS STUDENT.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• No this is him directly telling you that he doesn't think the relationship is appropriate, not only is it school wise but for the fact that at one time he was your professor, so until you can get on the same level, he won't be going out of his way to push buttons. It was indirect in his feelings but his language says that he just doesn't want you in that fashion and he's trying to let you down easy by using his own apprehensions as a base. He does not want a relationship from you and you pursuing it could put your work and school lives at risk which he's been nice enough to point out, because likewise you could risk his as well even if nothing happens.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He WAS NEVER MY PROFESSOR I just worked for the department

• It still comes down to professionalism and he's not willing to risk either of yours for a relationship with yours. He's being as respectful as he can in denying you but if you continue to push this envelope you will turn into the stalker he avoids at work

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not interested babe... It could be a multitude of reasons... age difference, work, he could be seeing some one already (m/f)... I would just move on instead of trying to find a reason when he has given you one.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE