I sent a sweet text to my boyfriend and he replied but completely disregarded the text, what does this mean?

My boyfriend and I were texting and he was telling me that he missed his mom. His family has been out of the country for personal reasons for about three months and they won't be back in the U. S. anytime soon. Anyway, I responded with an acknowledgment to the statement about his mom, but I also gave him a sweet, sincere compliment about how one of my favorite qualities about him is the love that he has for his family and friends. He replied to my text but completely ignored the compliment I gave him. He didn't acknowledge it at all, but instead told me how he wanted to visit his brothers who live out of state. What does this mean? It may seem silly, but I feel rejected and as if my feelings were disregarded. Help!!

03