What should I do if there's this guy I like, and he likes me?

My best friend used to love this boy, but he
always turned her down. Now I like him, and he
likes me. Should I wait for the whole thing to
blow over, not date him at all, or go for it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much your friend and that guy are worth to you. You're a teenager, your "liking", or love, or whatever it is, isn't probably going to last long. Is risking to lose your friend really worth it?

0|0
    0|0
    • She's told me she doesn't care and she'll be happy for us, but be upset to begin with. I love her to pieces but she has this ideology that the best way to inhibit something from occurring is by guilt. She's made both of us feel guilty, and it's unfair.

• From what I've learned, every action we make has a counter-action from others. She might say she doesn't care and she'll be happy, but are you certain things will remain as they are? Will she retain her opinion? I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it, you like each other so it seems like a good idea, I may feel a bit sorry for your friend

0|0
    0|0
    • That's understandable, but it feels like she says these things because she's trying to make us guilty.

• Then dont care about her, she should be a good friend and not trying to make you feel bad, she was never in a relationship with him anyway

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• How much do you care about this best friend and how over him is she?

Because if there's a risk of losing your best friend and you don't think you could do that, you should reconsider pursuing this. Friends usually last a lot longer than relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda miss the times when dating was actually more complicated xD
    Well, she's gonna be pissed, but sooner or later you'll all learn that it's ok to see who you want to see, and not ok to be mad at your friends for doing exactly that. But that's way later. Right now, at your age, she's gonna be pissed. I'd talk to her about it. But i'm maybe to old to understand what this actually means for you.
    And hey, no matter how old: friends are more valuable than romances.

0|0
    0|0
  • * Now I like him, and he
    likes me. Should I wait for the whole thing to
    blow over, not date him at all, *

media.tenor.com/.../tenor.gif

0|0
    0|0
    • your best friend used to love him, and he turned her down several times.
      What more signs do you need to start dating him? lol

• if you wanna go for it just go for it and if no then at least don't give false hopes to that boy... no offence but its boy's problem as we are not that mentally strong when it comes to handling these things

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, go for it!!! He might shift to someone else just because he might won't get comfortable enough to ask u out

0|0
    0|0
  • you can surely go to a few dates

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to her about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have, she said she'll be happy but upset. Which makes me feel guilty with the whole thing. She also tried to guilt the boy into dating her, she's done it with other boys, threatening to tell everyone who they love.

• It's your life, do what you want to do. Her threats to expose who someone is interested in shouldn't mean much. Being interested in someone isn't anything to be embarrassed about, and eventually the boys she's doing that to will realize that but still remember how she acted. Hopefully she understands that. Everyone has a reputation, even her.

• Talk to her first ;)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes