What should I do if there's this guy I like, and he likes me?

My best friend used to love this boy, but he
always turned her down. Now I like him, and he
likes me. Should I wait for the whole thing to
blow over, not date him at all, or go for it?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much your friend and that guy are worth to you. You're a teenager, your "liking", or love, or whatever it is, isn't probably going to last long. Is risking to lose your friend really worth it?

• She's told me she doesn't care and she'll be happy for us, but be upset to begin with. I love her to pieces but she has this ideology that the best way to inhibit something from occurring is by guilt. She's made both of us feel guilty, and it's unfair.

• From what I've learned, every action we make has a counter-action from others. She might say she doesn't care and she'll be happy, but are you certain things will remain as they are? Will she retain her opinion? I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it, you like each other so it seems like a good idea, I may feel a bit sorry for your friend

• That's understandable, but it feels like she says these things because she's trying to make us guilty.

• Then dont care about her, she should be a good friend and not trying to make you feel bad, she was never in a relationship with him anyway