Do online dating sites have algorithms?

I notice that whenever I'm online, I get significantly more messages than when I'm offline. Is this coincidental or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• duhhh... it's an online site... of course it has algorithms lol

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Does it mean I'm not a 10 if I'm not getting 100 messages per day while offline? lol Lots of people in the real world tell me how attractive I am, but it just surprises me that I'm not getting as many messages when I am offline as when I am online.
      I'm not trolling by the way, I'm asking a serious question XD

• Show All
    • Ya u prolly show up on the top of the list when online and more in the non active part when offline

• Probably cause you're too hot

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I am much more inclined to message someone who has been online recently. If they have not logged on for a while they may not be looking and I will be wasting my time.
    Log on daily if you want some action. You do not need to stay online all evening, but be sure to check your messages.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do. It´s also because guys send messages more to girls who actually are active in hopes that they´ll get a response quickly :) But yeah, you´ll be shown in front of the que whenever you´re online

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of dating sites will have a way for people to find people who are online right now, or show them at the top of searches/matches.
    So that's probably why.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does the site show you when someone is online? If not, they probably show you around more while online. I highly doubt it's coincidental.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, it's like picking lots. No real algorithm as much as close, personality traits, and other things. It's kinda random kinda not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they do have algorithms!

0|0
    0|0
  • For sure

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes