My man of 4 years got me dollar store presents for my bday?

I have been with on and off with a guy for over 4 years. Talk of marriage , babies. The works. We never have problems with commitment just fighting. On my birthday this year he got me all five below stuff? what happened is he daft or is this a guy thing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, i don't know his financial situation. Maybe that's all he can afford? I mean, you're only 20... most 20 year olds are in college and have no money. I'm assuming he's around your age and has similar finances.

The truth of the world is that you don't have to make a lot of money to live well, but the trade off is that you have to live within your means. If that's what he's doing here, then I can't fault the guy.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Tf is wrong with you. Appreciate it, why would you nag about the price. At least he thought of you and that´s what matters. It´s about the goddamn gesture.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Well maybe that's all he can afford? I think you're the daft one thinking that this sort of shit matters and judging his feelings based on the expense of some gifts he got you for your birthday. I'm sure if he saw this Ask he'd probably feel pretty hurt by your selfishness. You're 20, not 15. It's just a birthday.

3|1
    0|0
    • He could have at least gotten the lady a card.

• Show All
    • @I meant it. Do you?

• @Crazygeckolady22 Why did you just follow me? I don't accept cancer followers sorry.

• Considering your outrage, seems to me he hasn't done this before. If this is an isolated incident, maybe he's hurting right now financially. But, I wouldn't consider one incident as a sign of things to come.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. What do you spend on his birthday? Equal or higher price things?

Also, because he isn't married to you, he may not consider the relationship offical. Many of people where I live don't recognize boyfriend/girlfriend relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it such a big problem? Maybe he wasn't sure about what you wanted or maybe this is what he can spend right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao I was suckered in way more got my girlfriend a phone for her bday, and she sent me a picture of 4 bras for mine. Biggest wtf moment ever in my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe its some kind of a test to see how you react.
    And if it is, You failed miserably !

0|0
    0|0
  • What did he give you? And is he really less important to you than presents?

0|0
    0|0
  • Is money a challanges for him? What did you get him?

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be he didn't have the money but still want to get you something

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he thinks you have everything you need

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he poor?

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao he sounds cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy thing

0|0
    0|0
  • if you're fighting about inane things, it likely isn't a good relationship. pick your battles, basically

0|0
    0|0
  • were they nice or do you just need to know he spent a lot of money. I take some of that back. Dollar stores are not usually known for their fantastic gifts. But what really bugs you. My buddys' wife thinks that unless you spend a fortune on presents they aren't any good. He stopped buying her gifts. It was never good enough. Dollar store...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Why does it matter how much he spent?

0|1
    0|0
  • At least he got you something

0|1
    0|0
  • In with cursewords on this one.

0|0
    0|0