Friend zone or slow?

I met a guy about 2 months ago at a party. We talk and text several times a day which he initiates most of the time. He has not made any effort to see me or even set up a first date. Have I been friend zoned or is he just slow?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you could initiate more often to show that you have an interest there. By not making the effort, he likely thinks that you don't really want anything further

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You could, you know, ask him.

Here and other places I've seen a lot of guys talk about how awful it is that they're always expected to be the ones to ask women and face the chance of rejection. Getting rejected sucks. He might be trying to gauge your interest before working up the nerve to ask you out because he doesn't want to be rejected if he can avoid it.

If you're interested in having a first date with him you could ask him out. If you too fear rejection, you can show your interest in him by taking the initiative and making the first text more often.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE