Is it normal for texting to drop if they're still interested?

Only ask since I haven' dated for years while I was in a long relationship now I'm 25 so times have changed since I was 17!
We've been on a couple dates kissed and had fun. We were texting a lot at first to get to know each ther and it slowed down which was fine but the past couple of days it's only been one text a day, they aren't short which Is the part that confuses me because if I was weaning off someone I would probably give half assed replies. She's a single mum so I don't expect to be a priority but figured I'd ask an opinion
Coming out of a relationship from someone who needed constant texting was annoying so I prefer this but one text a day seems very little.
Cheers for any input guys

10