Can women sense when a man is confident?

Can women sense/notice when a man is either confident or insecure?

ladies, what's your perspective on this?

detailed and thorough answers are appreciated

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Insecurity always shines through, especially if it's coupled with the desire to make a good image for fear of judgment if you don't.
    A desperation to be liked will show through in one's body language, posture, tone of voice, facial expression, and eye contact.

So many people think that they can get away with faking confidence if they look perfect, act sure of themselves, and talk boldly. Nope, that's not how it works. Confidence is about being COMFORTABLE in your own skin. It's about not feeling the NEED to present a perfect appearance; it's about not needing to say or do anything to CONVINCE others that you're confident. If you're truly confident, you don't care whether others see you as confident or not. You simply ARE.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys who are insecure do not try to hide their insecurity. That is usually obvious to others. They use self-deprecating humor, they ask questions in a way that suggests they expect to receive a negative response. ("You wouldn't want to go out with me Friday night, would you?)

Some guys who are insecure try to hide it and they overact the part of a confident guy. They are always rock solid sure of themselves, say that they are the best at whatever, act some arrogant and cocky. (God's gift to women.)

Some insecure men do a good job of faking it and cannot be readily separated from the truly confident guys except that, if you spend enough time with them, they will eventually let their guard down.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I personally can yes, even if they’re faking confidence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Normally you can, especially if you are good at reading people and body language is normally the best way to tell either way. If they are able to give you eye contact, is a strong indicator.

Can you clarifiy on if he's confident or insecure - do you mean around women only or just in general.

A confident man in general you can tell with his walk, how he talks to you and how he presents himself.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm highly perceptive and very intuitive , so i can sense if a guy isn't confident or if he's faking it.

I can determine if a guy is nervous, insecure and lacks confidence by his body language , the way in which he talks , as well as the things he says

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, It's quite obvious to me when a guy is too confident, it comes across unattractive to me, especially when they're cocky about it. Insecurity id say is alittle less noticeable, for me.

1|1
    0|0
    • could you please elaborate on he inability to notice insecurity

• I just don't see it as easily as I do confidence, I don't know why that's just me personally.

• I guess right from time to Time
    Experienced has taught me that nothing is what it seems an jumping on conclusions it's dangerous
    But when a person is open minded to people around him and he is not afraid to speak his mind, I would say this person is confiden

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course we can!
    It's pretty obvious when a man walks in with a straight posture, acting like he knows it all...

1|2
    0|0
  • Nobody can mindread, but there are many non-verbal cues that you can pick up if you can read bodylanguage. Some are naturally better at it than others. Women are usually better at it than men. I don't know if it's natural or learnt though. Third party observers are usually better at it than the two people in the middle of the conversation too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes personally I can
    A guy with confidence doesn't fiddle sometimes is dominant that's why I prefer dating other protective guys becoz it shows that they are confident

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah I can also sense when someone is trying to fake confidence.

0|2
    0|0
  • I can, but sometimes they're a mixture of both in different ways. Often the confidence is a smoke screen. When it's not the guy could be up to no good or just not care what people think. The latter may not be so bad. It depends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure they can. People underestimate vibes and energy. I'm good at reading people and picking up on vibes and such.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know about everyone, but I can. One thing is by their behavior what bothers them or what not

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I think a lot of people can... especially if their intuition is on point.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am unable to tell

0|1
    0|0
  • i suppose so, sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you can yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • I can sense it

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Sense? Yeah, sure. There are usually signs that a person, man or woman, isn’t confident or is nervous or shy. Sometimes those signs are obvious and blatant, but sometimes they’re not. The common signs you might see are listed below but isn’t an exhaustive list
    -fidgeting
    -lack of eye contact
    -stuttering
    -sweating
    -talking too fast
    -restlessness (feet tapping)
    These signs, amongst others, can be indicators that someone isn’t confident.

1|3
    0|0
  • Anyone can sense wheather a person is confident or not.

The voice and eyes of a person can tell a whole a lot especially the voice because whatever they say or try to say won't flow naturally when they are lacking confidence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women can smell fear and attack!

Things like your body language give it off. You ever been in a restaurant and a guy comes in leading his girl... he hasn't got his eyes down at his phone, he's making eye contact with the waiters to get seated. Other women pick up on that, because i know my missus tracks him with her eyes and so are the other women in the room.

When you're in the presence of a confident guy you just know, when people say he gives of an air of confidence it's true. Like my dad has that air whenever we're out together as a family, his confidence in turn gives you confidence.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, most women are very good at sensing a man’s confidence level.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course they can - they can sniff desperation a mile away. LOL

And one-itis - just don't go there. A woman desires a man that has options, not one that's gonna cling to her, propose prematurely, and who sucks in the sack.

Guys need three things to be a success with the ladies...
    1. Looks
    2. Money
    3. Confidence. Irrational confidence.

You can get by with any two of these, but all three is a key to success. If you're doing it right, and working on 1 and 2, you'll gain 3 just through the effort.

Women are drawn to a man on a mission, a guy going somewhere and being someone. So pursue your life mission with a vengeance and the ladies will find you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, with there hidden antennas. Like body language, speech patterns, and the force

0|1
    0|0
  • yup, they gravity to self-assured men. it is why players are so piss weak

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say they can about the same as we can

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess so?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.