Can women sense when a man is confident?

Can women sense/notice when a man is either confident or insecure?

ladies, what's your perspective on this?

detailed and thorough answers are appreciated

1811

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Insecurity always shines through, especially if it's coupled with the desire to make a good image for fear of judgment if you don't.
    A desperation to be liked will show through in one's body language, posture, tone of voice, facial expression, and eye contact.

So many people think that they can get away with faking confidence if they look perfect, act sure of themselves, and talk boldly. Nope, that's not how it works. Confidence is about being COMFORTABLE in your own skin. It's about not feeling the NEED to present a perfect appearance; it's about not needing to say or do anything to CONVINCE others that you're confident. If you're truly confident, you don't care whether others see you as confident or not. You simply ARE.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys who are insecure do not try to hide their insecurity. That is usually obvious to others. They use self-deprecating humor, they ask questions in a way that suggests they expect to receive a negative response. ("You wouldn't want to go out with me Friday night, would you?)

Some guys who are insecure try to hide it and they overact the part of a confident guy. They are always rock solid sure of themselves, say that they are the best at whatever, act some arrogant and cocky. (God's gift to women.)

Some insecure men do a good job of faking it and cannot be readily separated from the truly confident guys except that, if you spend enough time with them, they will eventually let their guard down.