Have you ever pushed away someone you liked because (s) he came too close?

Have you ever pushed away someone you liked because (s) he came too close?Ok, so I really like this guy. We're not dating yet, but I've seen him a few times, after that I found him online and we started texting eachother. I know he also likes me. This part already is freaking me out a bit, because I find it difficult to believe that someone could actually like me.

Anyway, I'd love to get closer to him. However every time he is asking me personal questions or when he's is trying to ask me out on a date I find myself pushing him away. A few days ago he asked me to come over and I panicked and lied by saying that I was busy. And now I'm afraid he might think that I'm not interested in him and I feel guilty that he might think he's doing or saying something wrong. I love talking to him, but at the same time I don't want to talk to him, because it scares me that he's coming too close to me.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar? How did you deal with it?
~ Please share your stories with me! (:

35

Most Helpful Girl

• you're most likely scared to the idea of being vulnerable. Of someone actually getting to knoe you and possibly hurt you but thats relationships. Im a bit like you but im learning that opportunities shouldn't be throen away especially when its with someone you like. Anyway, i think you should tell him how you feel, just tell him that you are interested in him but you just dont open up easily and somrtimes didtance yourself. And if that happens with him tell him its not his fault. Just be honest about how you find it difficult to understand how someone likes you etc and he will be more understanding. The foundation to any type of relationship is communication and trust which are things that take time to build. Good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you! This is really helpful <3 I really should just tell him, even tho I'm scared...

• Awww yay!! Im so happy for you! Hope it all goes well💞 God bless.

• Thanks^^ I hope so too