Have you ever pushed away someone you liked because (s) he came too close?

Have you ever pushed away someone you liked because (s) he came too close?Ok, so I really like this guy. We're not dating yet, but I've seen him a few times, after that I found him online and we started texting eachother. I know he also likes me. This part already is freaking me out a bit, because I find it difficult to believe that someone could actually like me.

Anyway, I'd love to get closer to him. However every time he is asking me personal questions or when he's is trying to ask me out on a date I find myself pushing him away. A few days ago he asked me to come over and I panicked and lied by saying that I was busy. And now I'm afraid he might think that I'm not interested in him and I feel guilty that he might think he's doing or saying something wrong. I love talking to him, but at the same time I don't want to talk to him, because it scares me that he's coming too close to me.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar? How did you deal with it?
~ Please share your stories with me! (:

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you're most likely scared to the idea of being vulnerable. Of someone actually getting to knoe you and possibly hurt you but thats relationships. Im a bit like you but im learning that opportunities shouldn't be throen away especially when its with someone you like. Anyway, i think you should tell him how you feel, just tell him that you are interested in him but you just dont open up easily and somrtimes didtance yourself. And if that happens with him tell him its not his fault. Just be honest about how you find it difficult to understand how someone likes you etc and he will be more understanding. The foundation to any type of relationship is communication and trust which are things that take time to build. Good luck

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you! This is really helpful <3 I really should just tell him, even tho I'm scared...

• Show All
    • Awww yay!! Im so happy for you! Hope it all goes well💞 God bless.

• Thanks^^ I hope so too

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. My ex had major anxiety issues and the closer I got, the larger flares in her emotional state till the point where her own insecurities over ruled our relationship. If you want him you have to tell him and explain what's going on in your head. He will respect your candor and if he's willing to get closer after that, it's a good sign.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! That's really helpful :) but I'm scared that when I do I'll chase him away.. especially since we don't know eachother for that long

• Show All
    • Lol knock* not know

• Haha xD thanks, good to know you'll live :p

• I have. No regrets. She's better off without me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? That sounds a bit bitter, tho... :(

• Show All
    • Doesn't matter if bitter or not. What matters is that she's doing well.

• I guess you're right. If that's how you feel, than I think what you did sounds very noble. Thanks for sharing!

• sure, cost me my marriage of nearly 21 years

0|0
    0|0
    • Awh man, really? that sucks.. may I ask what happened?

• Show All
    • Yeah, I guess you're right, but sometimes people can change theirselves for the better.. it may sound naive, but I really believe in that

• sure, we all hopefully live and learn under the auspices that life is a marathon rather than a sprint

• Never happened to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • ^Girl logic. smh

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I talked to this guy for a good two years and he asked me out multiple times. I liked him more than I’ve liked anyone else and I still don’t think I’ve liked anyone as much as I liked him. But, I cut him off because I was/am scared of commitment and I didn’t trust him with his best friend, who was a female, even though he was a very loyal guy. I didn’t talk to him for years but now we text every now and then.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for sharing (: and wow, that's an unexpected outcome! Do you feel like you'll be able to let him close this time?

• He actually has a girlfriend now and asks me for advice😂 we’re just friends but it does feel really good talking to him since I didn’t get to for so long

• Oh haha, well that's nice as well ^^ and allowing people to come close doesn't neccesarily mean in a romantic way, at least not to me, so I'm glad for you this is workingbout in the end anyway :)

• Yeah and I regret it. He wasn't even that close... damn trust issues and awkwardness

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry to hear! What happened?

• Show All
    • *cries* I wish I could ignore them, I think it will always will be part of me but until I learn to make risks and be more open up without sounding depressed, I think I will miss on opportunities to be happy

you will feel better when you start to be more Honest with yourself and him, next time you have an opportunity say yes
      You know why? Because he wouldn't want to be with you unless he liked you
      If you believe he is a decent person
      It's will be okay, even if it's not okay, you will gain experience

• *cries* I wish I could ignore them, I think it will always will be part of me but until I learn to make risks and be more open up without sounding depressed, I think I will miss on opportunities to be happy

Recommended myTakes