How has the type of age range you consider to be attractive changed with time?

What I want to know is how has the upper age limit of those you find attractive changed as you have grown older.

I'm interested to see if there's much difference between women and men.

Please answer honestly, and take the bottom of the age range to be the legal age of consent where you grew up so I'm not interested people claiming attraction to those who are underage.

• Always been attracted to people around my age and it's adjusted as I've got older
    Vote A
  • Always been attracted to a broad age range and it hasn't changed as I've got older.
    Vote B
  • Something else (please describe)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger I was only attracted to guys my own age. Now I'm only attracted to younger guys. It would appear I'm not attracted to old guys and never have been.

This will be interesting when I'm 80

1|0
    0|0
    • I've always been attracted to women in their late teens to about 40. Basically it's pretty much in line with approx period of fertility. It's not changed at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 21 years old, I don't recall being attracted to women over the age of 35. I was also attracted to girls who appeared to be age 16 and older (though I never acted on any attraction to an underage female.)

Now I am 62, I still consider girls as young as 16 to be attractive (and I have still never acted on any attraction to an underage female.) My upper limit is based on appearance and not age. Today, I saw a profile of a woman who is 71 years old and I was interested enough to send her a message; she looks healthy and active. On the other hand, I have seen women who are 55 who look absolutely decrepit and I feel no attraction whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you think that when you were younger you just never considered women over 35 because you assumed they inhabited a different world and would see you as a kid? I mean if a woman of 60 say had flirted with you when you were 21 and showed you attention, do you think you would have reappraised her and been able to see her as attractive?

• Perhaps. When I was 23 years old, I had a brief affair with a 45 year old woman. I did not consider her to be particularly attractive but attractive enough to justify a romp between the sheets.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I find men between the age of about 30-45 years old atteactive. It possible I think men in their 20's are physically attractive too but in general they don't have enough life experience to be mentally attractive to peak my interest.

0|1
    0|0
    • So as you've grown older yourself is it more that the minimum age of a guy who interests you has increased but the maximum age stayed the same?

• Almost. I mean at 18 years old i was attracted to guys 25 to 40yrs old. So it went up a little.

• When I was young and stupid, I’d be willing to date even a 40 yr old because I thought I was so mature.

Now I can understand how predatory it is to allow such an old person be with someone like me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've alwaya been attracted to older men anytjing from whatever age i am to 15 years older maybe more depending

0|1
    0|0
  • I tend to be more attracted to people in thier 20s, but dont realize they are that young. I am 41 and get hit on by more people in thier 20s, I at first assume they are my age. I dont look like I am in my 40s.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be strictly my age or a year older, but the guy I'm seeing now is 6 years older and most of the men I talk to at bars are 5-10 years older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always been attracted to a broad age range and it hasn't changed as I've got olderm

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve always been attracted to guys or girls close to my age or a little bit older

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been attracted to teenagers, and I feel like I always will.

0|0
    0|0
  • always been attracted to guys my age and around 18-23ish when they're in their prime

0|0
    0|0
  • It really hasn't...

0|1
    0|0
    • Me neither

• Exactly... don't think people change their preferred age range... it's always been around my age for me... and it's been consistently like that.

• I've been attracted to all ages below 60.

0|1
    0|0
  • Didn't change at all. I'm into all (legal) ages.

0|1
    0|0
  • Close to my age group 40's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Older men, and it's still true.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always go for guys a couple of years older than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still find guys around 24-28 the hottest physically, but my dating preferences have changed.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with what the anonymous guy said too - I see college boys who are fairly average but their flat bellies and v-shapes is hot by itself. I wouldn’t have probably noticed when I was 20.

But I don’t want to actually be with college guys, even if my eyes like them.

What Guys Said 6

• I've always been attracted to a wide age range of women, but the upper limit changed with age. Not by number, but with respect to my own age. I remember crushing on some of my mother's friends, relatives, and teachers when I was much younger. But those women were 30s back then and they're 60s now. I've never been picky about women in any way. I have a real, "If you like me, then I like you," kind of attitude; total buttholes and complete psychos notwithstanding. I've been fortunate that a few good women actually liked me at various points in my life. Only God knows why.

0|1
    0|0
    • So are you still attracted to those women even in their 60s?

• Yeah. My most recent fling was with a 60-year old woman. She's attractive, active, smart, funny, kind, hard-working, a good cook and an exceptional lover.

• Interesting

• I focus more on women closer to my own age but the younger ones are attractive I just wouldn't bother with most of them and not likely to hug let alone anything else, any girl under 23-24.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has definitely changed.

The lower range has never really been under 17, and even when I was 17, I didn't find many 17 year olds attractive.

As I got older, it seems like the lower limit was effectively 18. And from the time I was about 20, the upper limit has gone from 21 up by half a year for every year I have gotten older.

In practice those are limits with a low probability. I haven't dated an 18 year old in about 8 years. And for the upper limit, white women max out at 32 and some Asians are good until 40.

The average age of women when we first have sex is 23, which is the same as when I was 25. The last two were both 20 and one of those is my girlfriend who is 21 now.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's changed according to how old I was at the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find women in their early teens-early 30s most attractive. It's been that way as long as I can remember. I actually wasn't attracted to girls my age until I got into 7th or 8th grade.

I hope it doesn't stay that way for the rest of my life. I don't want to still be attracted to teenage girls when I'm an adult. Granted, I wouldn't act on it either way, but still. I also hope that I gain the ability to be attracted to women older than 35 once I reach that age myself. Otherwise it would be very difficult for me to settle down.

0|1
    0|0
    • Basically this is talking from a viewpoint of assessing attractiveness like flicking through profiles in Tinder. I think on such a basis most men find women attractive from teens to late 30s and that doesn't really change.

What happens tho is you fall in love and none of this matters any more.

• I still find young women the most physically attractive. I still find some older women very attractive. I’m more attracted to “slightly above average for their age” older women then when I was younger.

Realistically I find average young women more physically attractive then I did.

Basically my standards have slid :p

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes