How has the type of age range you consider to be attractive changed with time?

What I want to know is how has the upper age limit of those you find attractive changed as you have grown older.

I'm interested to see if there's much difference between women and men.

Please answer honestly, and take the bottom of the age range to be the legal age of consent where you grew up so I'm not interested people claiming attraction to those who are underage.

• Always been attracted to people around my age and it's adjusted as I've got older
  • Always been attracted to a broad age range and it hasn't changed as I've got older.
  • Something else (please describe)
    Vote C

177

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was younger I was only attracted to guys my own age. Now I'm only attracted to younger guys. It would appear I'm not attracted to old guys and never have been.

This will be interesting when I'm 80

• I've always been attracted to women in their late teens to about 40. Basically it's pretty much in line with approx period of fertility. It's not changed at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 21 years old, I don't recall being attracted to women over the age of 35. I was also attracted to girls who appeared to be age 16 and older (though I never acted on any attraction to an underage female.)

Now I am 62, I still consider girls as young as 16 to be attractive (and I have still never acted on any attraction to an underage female.) My upper limit is based on appearance and not age. Today, I saw a profile of a woman who is 71 years old and I was interested enough to send her a message; she looks healthy and active. On the other hand, I have seen women who are 55 who look absolutely decrepit and I feel no attraction whatsoever.

• Do you think that when you were younger you just never considered women over 35 because you assumed they inhabited a different world and would see you as a kid? I mean if a woman of 60 say had flirted with you when you were 21 and showed you attention, do you think you would have reappraised her and been able to see her as attractive?

• Perhaps. When I was 23 years old, I had a brief affair with a 45 year old woman. I did not consider her to be particularly attractive but attractive enough to justify a romp between the sheets.