Why do guys only care about getting the hot girl?

Just seems like that, no matter what. Then they say they "settle" for a cute or average looking girl. Why the fuck? I don't feel desirable because I am a little bigger chick. I feel guys just want the thin, tan, blonde with brown eyed girls who dress revealing. I have short legs I am 5ft, pale, brunette, and have blue eyes I dress pretty modest (but tastfully). But my sister who is soooo much better looking than me is a 10/10 and I am a 3/10. She gets hit on all the time cause she's gorgeous... she's flawless.. and I barely get looked at. Even guys my age hit on her, and that makes me feel horrible about myself. And she knows she's good looking too.
Updates:
Oops, forgot to add the question at the end, why do guys care about getting the hot chick?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two antropological answers to this question.

The first refers to patriarchy, herds and alpha males controlling both all the fertile females, and the beta and omega males. This dates back to our most primal instincts as primates.

The second one is more darwinian. Males find attractive females that visually speaking seem more fertile, hence why we mostly prefer younger women, proportionate hips for giving birth and proper, firm breasts to feed the descendants. This last one, as societies evolves and social human interaction slowly differs from sole primal instinct, has nowadays interferences from social pressure (either from religion, advertising, and all in all media in general). Anyway the primal instinct is still prevalent in some different degrees, depending on the male, his social environment, his intellectual skills and his grade of maturity.

When this two factors are overcome then males like me start broading our spectrum of possibilities and find attractivenes in more sutile details or even devolpe new tastes in our physical evaluation of women - as a matter of fact we start to also evaluate other psychological aspects. This again is the survival of the fittest, since being in a commited relationship will require this grade of mature to ensure a high rate of success (from both parts).

On a much more simplistic level, when I was in my young years, I wanted to get the hot chick because: (1) she arosed an elevated sexual appetite in me that could also be confused with feelings of romantic love (without the need of any social interaction with her) and (2) if the goal was achieved, that gave me rewards in my social position of popularity in the then immature herd of teen males. (And beware, many men live in that immature status refered in point two for their entire lifes).

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't go for the ´hot girls´. They go for those who attract them. What attracts the other, might not attract someone else.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• It is mostly based on sensationalism bsht and eventually reality sets in and you go with whom you are compatible. I have seen too many hot ones get ugly quick so the shallow attraction is fleeting. by the way the hot looking ones are usually bad in bed and the average looking are sex fiends. So I will go for the average based on experience.

2|2
    0|0
  • To me that´s a good situation. I mean you´re so different from your sister so when people do look at you, they won´t go for your sister. I don´t prefer tall blondes at all and your stats sound good to me. Maybe the bigger problem is that she´s carrying herself better because she knows she´s hot. When you learn to be more confident, results will follow as confidence is way sexier than looks

0|0
    0|0
  • its mostly a society thing that guys are "suppose" to go after the hottest girl and not really care about personality, the other half is just genetic preferance here's the thing though your sister may get hit on all the time but someday you'll find someone too and they'll love you for who you really are and to them you'll be the most beautiful person on the planet

1|1
    0|0
  • depends on the guy's taste in women
    Ariel Winter and Shailene Woodley, two very different looking women but i still find them both attractive.

Some guys will only find one or the other attractive compared to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys want a girl that they are sexually attracted to along with all those other qualities that make a relationship work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because humans are animals and their biology pushes them in a certain direction. Also it takes a second to know if you like a girls looks and much longer to know if you like their personality. I know that answer may sound horrible and im sorry, its not intended to be. All men have a type, your sister may be the type for a lot of men, but to be honest, your look sounds better to me :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Because no matter how good a girls personality is there has to be some physical attraction because we intend to have physical contact. For physical contact to be realistic there has to be attraction, so therefore dating is not possible without it. Saying personality can make up for physical appearance is just a pipe dream.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all guys car only about getting the hot girl. If that is what you have experienced, then you've been around the wrong guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not at all, but they talk about them (hot girls) it just seems like that's all they aim for. Or they always stare in awe at hot women.

• Again, get to know some different guys. Not all are just aiming for hot women. The staring is a different thing. Guys are biologically programmed as easily visually stimulated by women. While they don't have to stare, they will look and appreciate. There is something about a hot woman that gets a guys attention. That includes me, but it was never my aim to get a hot woman. I wanted a woman who had qualities that most hot women don't have. There are other guys who want the same, you just have to look for them in the right placed.

• Ok, first: the guys hitting on your sister are probably really superficial, so its a blessing they dont hit on you
    Second: guys are often attracted to someone who is very confident. Since you describe your sister to be so good looking she probably is very self confident as well. Since you don't perceive yourself to be beautiful (im sure you probably have more going for you than you think), you lack that kind of confidence, and guys don't immediately look at you for that. Boosting your self confidence could be a real gamechanger.
    Then again, maybe humanity is just really superficial and i like to think what i said is true, since im noot a big looker myself haha
    But let me assure you, that is not just a guy thing, girls are the same most of the time

1|1
    0|0
  • Several reasons.. biologically speaking, we are geared towards the most attractive mate through evolution. It's a sign of health and fertility. Societally speaking, it's embarrassing to "date down" aka to be someone attractive and have a mate below your level. Studies have shown women will date a less attractive male for comfort and security, but not true for men. Men want the most attractive mate.

Maybe your banging your head against the wall trying to get a man above your own level of attractiveness. A man at your own level will be attracted to you

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• What's wrong with being hot. If you have it, flaunt it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes