Am I expecting to much or am I tripping?

I have been dating this guy for a short period of time. He works a normal 9 to 5 job and on Mondays and Tuesdays he's in class trying to better himself. I tried to reach out and text him on those days when he is in school and at work and hardly ever get a response back from him. We do go out on dates. I am wondering if I am expecting him to text me back when I text him on his busy days and if he does not respond to me am I expecting too much. As a woman I want to get back what I give out and I have been feeling like I'm not getting that. Our last date was yesterday. Opinions please!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are indeed expecting too much. Not everyone wants to be on their phone 24/7, and nobody needs it. A lot of employers have rules against being on the phone while on the clock. Even if his doesn't work & skool SHOULD come first, emergencies notwithstanding. You've got yourself a fella with a good work ethic and some drive to improve his lot. Appreciate that, appreciate him, or you'll push him away.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk to him and see what’s going on because guys don’t know what we’re thinking and some are pretty bad at texting or replying, let him know how your feeling

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• oh well believe me i know what your going through here. its normal to want more time with your signoficant other and chances are he wants more time with you too but he is just too busy, i would bring it up to him to let him know how you feel but its important to be thsnkful for the time you have and enjoy it

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't respond to calls or messages at work, especially if I'm busy. Some jobs people would get a warning or loss of employment mucking around on a mobile instead of doing what they're paid to do.

1|1
    0|0
  • Most employers dont let you text at work and school requires focus. Sometimes instant gratification isn't what you actually want or need. Dont ruin a good thing that could have a strong future. Consider what you're putting in as an investment

0|1
    0|0
  • If you know he is busy why do you expect him to respond? Makes no sense. That would piss me off.

1|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't answer texts if I was at work or in class.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know him so... I can't imagine what he wants to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you work?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I work, but I don't have a typical job and I can be on my phone. I suppose I am thinking to much into him not texting me back. I just hope I haven't already pushed him away.

• he's busy ffs understand

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Have you not thought or considered asking or mentioning this to him?

1|0
    0|0
  • Are u.. in any way trying to check out ur value by assuming that he will reply ur message during classes and work?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes