Are all women golddiggers?

I am shocked by what women may do for a rich guy, are you all like this? Isn't there anyone out there who believes that partnership doesn't have financial standards?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think that most women want to be taken care of by a man to some extent. I have never cared about the finances of any of the men I’ve dated or pursued. In fact- I’ve always been the girlfriend cheering him on and helping him do better financially. What I have realized though is that balance ends up being the most important. I had one boyfriend who was broke when we started dating and after a lot of support and encouragement from me he ended up owning his own company and then gave me no attention so I had to leave him. After him I had a boyfriend who gave me all the attention in the world because he had all the time in the world since he had gotten laid off. I broke my back for us to stay afloat and it totally broke me. All in all, I guess it has to do with ones upbringing and past experiences really.

0|1
    1|0
    • Well I'm against this life where the woman has to take care of the income and the man is just laying his ass, I believe that partners share everything and so if your man is lazy you have every right to leave him and look for someone who can take care of you. Upbringing is contributing factor of course. But if you have a choice will you choose the rich just because he is rich?

• No- of course not. But then again, that’s just me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me try to answer this even though you're asking girls, for whatever reason.
    No, of course not. Everybody's a little focused on money in one way or another of course. But i can imagine you're meeting the wrong girls in the wrong places.
    Uit there is, of course, also a little standard in which girls tend to "fall" for guys who give them a sense of security. Money can do that. And having money is great. Of course it is. So in many guy's view, it is true. But i can tell you that although money is a very great tool, it is not needed to impress a girl.
    Think aboit the counter question: are all guys falling for hot women? In a way they are. And it's a cliche just as the golddigger profile is a cliche.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree with the sense of security, but it is still foolish to think that money can provide it, I believe that guys don't really fall for hot women, they are actually after the social status that comes with dating a hot girl, who is more likely to be a golddigger too. So are you saying that we all tend to act foolishly just because of our insecurities?

• Show All
    • Then the society I'm living in must be totally insecure on both genders

• Thank you that was insightful

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I make more money than my fiance.

0|1
    1|1
  • I have always believed in true love... up to this point in my life. But men in my have woken me up to reality. (Thank you!) Men have expectations!. And they are BIG expectations. I think if you are a beautiful woman, smart, independent (e. g. have financial assets and success), you would be an idiot to settle for average Joe with nothing. He will only leave you when you start to look a little old, or if you gain a little weight. and you will be left with nothing!

0|1
    1|0
    • Some men would do I agree, and some men will forget about their expectations and try to build a life only to be left by her at his first financial problem. I have been there and suffered from that. Maybe the average Joe will be more loyal to you, money isn't the measurement for loyalty

• I have tried average Joe. It didn’t work. Plus I don’t need a man. I can support myself well

• You don't need men at all? And what I'm trying to say average or no average "financially speaking" isn't an indication to loyalty

• ofc not. I'd rather make sandwiches and have picnic in a park than go on dates to expensive restaurants. For me it's all about the moments we spend together than gifts and luxury life

2|2
    1|0
  • No we aren't all like this. I always thought it was stupid to be with someone for their wealth. Wealth isn't forever, you can lose it and relationships aren't guaranteed to last. I always want to be able to stand on my own foot and support myself if needed.

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope. My ex was very rich but he was also a prick. Left his ass

1|1
    1|0
  • I never spend anyone else’s money. I want to have my own separate account where I earn my own. And if I get richer than him well... maybe i’ll Buy him things... what if the tables were turned?

0|0
    1|0
    • Well I heard of few men who would look for a rich probably old lady to marry, but that's uncommon. And if you become richer than him he might get insecured

• Insecurity is unattractive

• Indeed it is and cause lots of problems

• Not all girls are gold diggers. Well there are still girls who would choose a loyal, honest and a loving man than those rich guy that doesn't give a damn at you once they find a new girl they can flirt, guys that think girls can be brought by money. Some girls are just practical, its one of their standards for a serious relationship is a guy that can support them when they end up together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if she grew up poor or with less than little means.
    Usually, the women that grew up around money are bratty. They assume all men have money like their dad. Guys hate brats and guys hate golddigers. But you have to pick your poison. Lol

1|1
    1|0
  • No, not all of us are golddiggers! Some of us are actually hard workers and want to be independent.

1|0
    1|0
  • nope. most of the women out there are genuine and wouldn't pursue a man for just his money.

0|0
    1|0
    • Out there? Where?

• Show All
    • try a different environment if you honestly can't find any in your current one
      there's plenty of fish in the sea, so don't be stuck in one spot

• Ill try to, but no matter what they say first, step by step all is revealed, and she wouldn't go on cause I don't have enough to offer

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 8

• don't generalize us. thank you

0|1
    0|0
    • Why are you under "what guys think"? And I'm not, I'm just asking a question not making a statement.

• Nope.

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably not

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Most are

0|1
    0|0
  • yeh...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, no way. They say no two people are exactly alike, so that means it can't be possible all of them are like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like the term gold digger. I believe a man's earnings are important to most women, but most women are not honest about it because we shame them as "gold diggers", and because the whole feminist "I don't need a man" bullshit.

Wouldn't it be nice we could all just be ourselves and stop shaming each other for being men and women?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes