Do you feel like you need to be in a relationship to be happy?

Are you always trying to be in a relationship?
Do you think being single is an important part of personal growth?

523

Most Helpful Guy

• Being single and being in a relationship - Both are good

Single people have less worries. They can work on there personal growth more. They can do anything they want. They can hangout with friends, party late night no one will care.

Now being in a relationship, they had to tell about everything to there partner. They can't hide anything. However they can share there problems with them. They feel like having a support of someone other than family and friends.

For now everyone is saying that they are fine being single but after sometime when they will see there friends getting married to someone, they will desperately want to be in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being single was VERY important for my personal growth all through college. I had a few relationships, but in the end I was always happier when I was single.

Now that I am in a more serious relationship, and that little bit older, I feel much happier in my relationship than single. I think it all depends on your levels of maturity and where you are in life.

What Guys Said 22

• Hell no u can be happy without a significant other. I'm fairly happy and have never really had a girlfriend. But having one will really open up my mind. When u learn something new or experience a new feeling, it opens a whole new world in your mind.

• If you need a relationship to be happy, re-order your priorities. Relationships can make life a lot more fun, but if you NEED one to be happy, I think that is a problem

• Absolutely not. It's not that I think being single is important for growth or anything, I just have more important things to do at the moment than seriously look for a relationship.

• I don't need to. Can it get lonely? Sure. But my happiness isn't dependent on being with a woman.

• No. I mean being in a relationship can be amazing, no doubt. But I'm not always trying for it, quite the opposite. I don't look for one.
    And I think you can grow as a person in a relationship or out of it, doesn't depend on whether you are with someone or not. If you're with the right person you can grow as much if not more than when you are single because you have the support of one more person who really matters to you, extra motivation.

• No i don't always try to be in a relationship, if it happens than it does
    I'm good being on my own and alone too. I do think being single is
    part of personal growth.

• Relationship is a phase of live where you share your life with other person who will be with you in your ups and downs.
    Being happy need not be linked to relationship. Since one may be happy with achievement in career, some might be happy with money, some might be happy with helping, some might be happy with praying etc.
    So relationship is not a primary objective to be happy.

• I would rather be happy and alone than with the wrong person and miserable.

• No, but I'm definitely much happier in a relationship.

• I feel you can be perfectly happy by yourself but having someone else there to share life with is always a better option than being alone.

• Most of the time I wish I was in a relationship, however most girls play games, then it's not worth it. I want a committed relationship with no games and she's slender, beautiful, healthy. I guess that's too much to ask.

• I was single for a long time an I learned that if you're single you can afford to do much more without being restricted. But if you're in a relationship you almost can't think about something else and you can feel sad when your girlfriend (/bf?) Isn't with you but IF your with them it feels awesome.

• Growth as in "wow this is lonely" / "omg why am I still single" ? ...

• No I find relationships make me less happy just feels like someone else is using up my time and wasting it.

• I tend to be happier in a relationship but I'm good on my own as well.

• So I've never been in a relationship, (nor do I want to be in at this time) however I feel that I am definitely happy.

• Being single is better.. but never the less being in realtionship is also beneficial.. as u must have both the experience.. And enjoy your life

• Of course not

• Absolutely NOT

• if you feel that way, then you are not independent yet.

• May be because you are an attention seeker.

• No i don't.

What Girls Said 4

• No I’m perfectly happy being single. The amount of people actually worth being with is little to nothing. No point in breaking yourself down to find someone who can’t even fit the bill

• I think in order to be happy with your patenter when you guys aren’t hanging out is for you to be happy with yourself single.

• maybe... for now

• No. I don't have to be in a relationship to be happy.