What is up with this guy? Does he like me or not?

I have a friend/acquaintance that I have spent a lot of time with over the past summer because our routines constantly put us in the same place at the same time. We spent a lot of time talking and connecting, and I find myself really attracted to him, but neither of us really flirt or anything.

I have tried on a handful of occasions to invite him out to do things with me but he's has turned me down every single time, always with a pretty legitimate sounding excuse (sick, busy with work, already having plans). I don't peg him for the type to avoid someone like that, he is much more blunt, but it has been every single time.

Including the time I invited him over to my place for a "tea" after the bar. He turned it down because he was very busy with a project that had a deadline coming up very shortly. I figured that he really couldn't have not understood the implications of my invitation (and who says no to sex?) and was just turning me down because he's not interested.

But it's some time after that happened now and I'm no longer satisfied that that's the case. I don't know what it is - whether I'm just so attracted I don't want to take no for an answer, or he does have at least some kind of interest but is too shy or not interested in investing himself at the risk of being hurt.

Advice?

11

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you try to slow down a little bit?
    You say you guys don't really flirt, so why don't you do that for a while...
    Then if you're still going no where... You said he's blunt? Give him a taste of his own medicine. 😉😏👍
    Good luck 🍀👍