Reasons for someone to hate you?

My brother hates me for no reason... he used to bully my looks a lot growing up so i naturally was closed off towards him... he also tries to control my life by telling me how i should live and if i dont do that he shuts me out. He gives me these disgusting looks also and hates on me for no reason. Lately he blocked me on insta... for no reason.. i haven't spoken to him in two years... tend to keep it that way... but why hate on someone? this is me: Reasons for someone to hate you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that it is based on his own security. He sees you as some kind of threat, or he did in the past. Either that or he resented you, perhaps for how your parents treated you compared to how they treated him. He seems to want to keep you down and be able to control you. He is far too invested in your life and your business.

Leave him to it. It's really not your problem. You can't please all of the people all of the time and that includes family. It is not your job to do so either.

0|0
    0|0
    • he s the only guy in the fam... we are 3 sisters... he already broke all of us apart

• Show All
    • he broke 3 of us sisters apart... my younger sister believes him... and cut me out of her life. he also turned her against me my mom and other sister

• Again, he sounds like he has issues. You are a grown up, you can't let such bullshit affect your life. Family is great if they are supportive but when they are toxic and cause stress you are better off just focusing on your own life.

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably hates himself so hating on you makes him feel better.

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• There often is no discernable reason for hate. Often, the reason is not spoken of, and anger is harbored. Often, the reason for the anger and hate doesn't make much sense, considering it blocks people from loving one another.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sibling rivalry is mostly because of upbringing. I'm not blaming your parents. I don't know them but it looks like people might have been posting out his faults by comparing them to how perfect you're in front of them. I'm just assuming that could be a reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Who knows.. just don't let it upset you and don't chase him.. wait for him to come around if he is the one being wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • It may be sad to do so but it sounds like you are better off without him.

My brother-in-law has a brother who is toxic like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • hate has no place in a rational life. it exists for so many immerse in the hysteria of irrationality

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think someone told him that he shouldn't like his sister or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Anorixa is pretty mad lets fuck i would brrak u in half

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't got any friend i wanna kill my self 4 times i dont wanna die alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you are a bad listener.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah noice fuck your brother

0|0
    0|0
  • Brothers love their sisters... They just don't show it... just talk to him and sure things will be better

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes