Should I read more into relationship status with my current BF?

I have been dating this guy for 8 months now and we have broken up a couple times and in October we got back together after a couple weeks being apart. He does this thing where his personality changes a few weeks before we break up and grows more and more distant. He promised this time around he won't do that again and he sees himself with me long term. When we got back together he said he wasn't on Facebook or any social media site anymore. I saw this morning he was back on and sent him a relationship status change back to "in a relationship" he said he wasn't on there and couldn't change it but it wasn't because he didn't want to update it. But I can see on messenger he is active? I would put any weight on this but he is doing the distance thing again. Thoughts?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You or he need to figure out what is causing him to become distant. Depression and various substance use are two things that come to mind. I have something which makes me appear more unstable from time to time. I have a sleep issue and at times I'll go days where I can hardly think. Another one although less likely is diabetes if he has too much insulin.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like it. Once you break up a first time, it becomes easier to break up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th time. You guys broke up for a reason in the first place. Dump him and move on... unless of course you have time for his mind games.