Are "leagues" based on physical appearance only, or are there other factors as well?

When someone decides whether someone is or isn't in their league, what are they are basing this decision on?

Most times, it seems like it's a split-second decision based on physical appearance. But, one's appearance doesn't tell you everything about that person. What about other factors related to social standing, such as financial status, career, socioeconomic background, intelligence, achievements, goals/ambitions, etc. These should also be relevant to someone who thinks in leagues.

Do people who think in leagues simply pay less attention to these factors, or do they ignore these factors altogether?
If you think in leagues, which factor (s) do you pay attention to?

725

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks mostly, but I feel there are also leagues in life experience too.

For example on dating sties, especially paid ones like Match, there are a lot of women who have tons of time to travel the world and have very high paying jobs. I don't think I would relate to them and it instantly makes them seem out of my league.

I think leagues are more about who you can relate to as a person. For me it is a woman who has some geeky hobbies and is down-to-earth. For others it might be a more wholesome religious woman, for others, it might be a woman who has dark sarcastic humor and has a life full of mischief. Just depends on who you click with and who has common experiences or at least seems to understand where you are coming from.

So with that said, at the first meeting, we can tell what kind of "league" a person is by the way they dress, how they move, what they look like, who they associate with, where they frequent, what they say in their online dating profile, the way they speak and their vocabulary, tastes in music, and so on. BUT, at first glance, it is mostly looks, yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in leagues but for those who do, it's mostly superficially based.. With some other factors occasionally sprinkled in. People who only "go by league" are typically people who're really superficial. Even if they think that nearly everyone is outside their league.. Because who's to say that someone really attractive can't have standards that you pair up with?

The thing that I really hate about leagues is that they're a composition of numerous assumptions. And you probably have heard the saying about assumptions!
    They made an
    "A**" of "u" and "me"
    Assume!

For each party!
    As I've said.. It's just really superficial to automatically assume things about a person that you, more likely than not, don't know.

Leagues, in general, are mostly based upon simply appearance.. But can sometimes include financial status, personality, and even age among a wide variety of things.

Hope this helps! :)