Girls, I need help with a guy I dont know if I like him or if I do like him... please help me?

hi i am texting this guy nearly a year i have never meet up with him because of distance and tbh because of me im not happy with the way i look now i wanna lose weight before i meet him but i dont know if i am attractie to him. i really like his personality and to me it is the most important thing in a person but i am confused about if i like him or not his looks are kind of stopping me from liking him more and i feel horrible because that is not who i am and i am no oil painting wither like.
Do you think i should lose the weight and give it a go or do you think that i would be better off leaving it and being friends. i feel really bad because i dont wanna lead him on. i always get like butterflies when im talking to him e have the best laughs and convos but will it work if i am not attractive to him.

1