Guys, Let’s keep in touch? What does that mean?

I was dating a guy for about six weeks and everything was great. Holidays started and he pulled away and then told me he wasn’t ready for a relationship, he had some emotional things going on. I heard from him today after two weeks when I reached out to him to see how he was doing and he was engaged by the text convo. Hhe ended it with “Let’s keep in touch.” What does that mean?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd Interpret it as him thinking he'd like to keep his options with you open, and that he does like you.

Based on what you posted, I find it a big negative that he didn't discuss with you what was bothering him. Although it's true you had not been seeing each other for a long time, he should not have kept you in the dark and just pulled back. Personally, I would move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Sounds to me like he's having some difficulty elsewhere in life doesn't feel able to get into it with you at the moment.

Let's keep in touch sounds like he doesn't want to lose the opportunity and would like to have a go if or when things straighten out.

1|0
    0|0
  • To me it means that the person who is saying, "Let's keep in touch", is really saying I don't really care one way or the other, but I am ok, "talking now and then". But I'm putting the ball in your court. If I don't hear from you again, I don't mind, but if you want to get a hold of me, I'll be there for a chat.

0|0
    1|0
  • It means he wants to keep in touch. Very friendly, but not so romantic. Probably not deliberate, but also not a mistake based on the rest of what you wrote.

0|0
    1|0
  • Translation : "I want to keep you on standby just in case I can't get with a woman closer to being what I want"

0|0
    1|0
  • He is keeping you on standby for later use. Don't bother.

0|0
    1|0
  • It means “have a nice life don’t call me I’ll call you”

0|0
    1|0
  • He wants you as a plan B.. Or is not sure what he wants but recognizes things he likes (friends or dating) in you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he is saying..."Maybe, if nothing esle" OR he actually has some stuff going on.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are not that much known about you they need some time

0|0
    0|0
  • friend zone

0|0
    1|0
  • It means I don't really like u but I wanna be nice

0|0
    1|0
  • You got friend zoned but worse than friend zone

0|0
    1|0
  • seem like shade. or not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • I just went through the same exact issue but with a female that done this.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes