Guys, why won’t men follow up?

Gentleman, could someone please help me understand why after a great first date with a guy (who also says he wants to see you again) just disappears?
The date was fun, it checked off all the boxes of a great first date: we were at the venue for more than two hours, we talked about important issues, there was no lull in the conversation, he made me laugh, we kissed at the end (he said how much he wanted to kiss me). Then he told me he wanted to get together the following week and texted to say he had a great time.
Well, the following week has come and I haven’t heard from him at all. I’m so confused. Why would he do/say all of that stuff if he wasn’t interested in seeing me again? So frustrating. Help.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• This is quite simple. Most of the genuine nice guys no longer exist, only the fake ones are out there now. These guys are really good actors and will fool you because they even manage to fool themselves. They will do or say anything for sex but will run if it seems like too much work, or if the have an easier option.

It was just a matter of time before all of those nice guys that finished last started to learn...

Don't believe me? think back to the last few years and the guys you've met in general. How many were reliable?

• Well maybe you’re right. I don’t have sex on the first date. I don’t think there’s anything wrong if you do, it’s just not my thing. Maybe that’s what he was looking for, and he knew I wasn’t into that.