What turns a girl off when it comes to liking or not liking the guy?

I get lost in what happens for I feel like some girls would at first want to talk and maybe date bit soon I feel like I've been thrown in the friend zone before I could see it coming. The fact is I want to ask her out but by the time I do they normally tell me you are too close of a friend however you can't just ask the out right away so I can't tell when is a good time. Even more I feel like I'm doing something to just turn them off and just not even want to talk. Any tips as to what not to do?

3