Guys, is it normal to go to an ex-girlfriend for advice on current relationship?

my current boyfriend calls his ex almost every time we get into a major argument (they broke up about two years ago and only dated for 6 months but it was his longest relationship) just to ask on advice about me because he says he obviously can't talk to me about it and she's the only other person who can give any "logical" advice. he says they have no feelings towards each other and i have even texted her once and she said there's no feelings and every time he calls her he literally only talks about me the whole time and even gave me "props" for "giving him a heart." should i be worried that there still is something between them or do you guys thin its possible he can do this genuinly for me?

2