Wtf is the appeal of friends with benefits? (Read description)?

So, my disconnect on the whole friends with benefits concept is that if you are already really good friends, you are comparable on a mental level, and if you are having sex, you're comparable on a physical level. So why wouldn't you just get together for real? Is it lack of commitment or?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a lot of girls especially at a young age get into a relationship because they are sexually curious and will feel better about doing it with that one person over and over. From my standpoint I would love a true friends with benefits because im a dude and I want to have sex often lol and I would rather do it with someone I know and trust rather than a girl at the bar (I'm sober right now lol). From my point it's not a commitment thing I just want to have sex. I can be sexually attracted to a girl that I get along with but just don't view her as a girl friend or a wife in any way.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Friends with benefits aren't committed to each other. You aren't obliged to take care of the other person, you don't owe them anything and you don't really care what they do. Besides, being friends with someone and being physically attracted to them doesn't mean you want to date them. I have a bunch of hot friends I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• It avoids commitment, and a friend isn't always someone you want to be in a relationship with. It's about having sex available, supposedly without the responsibilities. I've never had a friend with benefits, and don't think I could, as I wouldn't have sex with someone I didn't really care for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's just what it is. Two friends having sex with non of the relationship woes. All the sex without the worry of breaking up and never speaking to each other again. If done right it works out but if only one person starts developing feeling for the other then it becomes messy

0|0
    0|0
  • no, you may be in a loving relationship already and you like your friend with benefits, or you may have a long time friend who you really trust and like and you sometimes get together for a session of making sweet love,
    etc
    there are many scenarios, but the main point of friends with benefits is sex

0|0
    0|0
  • You just don't wanna be taken cause you're just friends and it's not good enough of a connection so that you want to commit do you are still free for commitment without lacking sex xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably its just lust that brings along two friends into ths stuff... Its upto them how they develop thngs betwn themselves... Thngs can work out just fine... Or might mess up their friendship as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just aren't into commitment. Like right now I'm at a point where I've been kicked down a bit I could use someone I'm not really super serious about and just have something a little casual.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's actually a better way to be in couple. Because if you find better, you can go get better, but being also this close being still friends allow you to have more fun as friends !
    That's my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just easy sex without the hassle of the day to day usually in my experience there's no love in that kinda relationship it's just mindless sex to fill that primal urge

0|0
    0|0
  • friends with benefits doesn't mean you like the person on a deep enough level.
    It means at anytime you can go and fuck a person when you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they don't want to feel invested in a relationship and want to possibly explore other options

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• As someone whos into this.. for me it was like a heat of the moment. A need for the meantime. Not to commit because of avoidance of responsibility of being a girlfriend. Well, both party can benefit.

0|0
    0|0
  • sex w/o commitment = paradise

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes