Wtf is the appeal of friends with benefits? (Read description)?

So, my disconnect on the whole friends with benefits concept is that if you are already really good friends, you are comparable on a mental level, and if you are having sex, you're comparable on a physical level. So why wouldn't you just get together for real? Is it lack of commitment or?

320

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a lot of girls especially at a young age get into a relationship because they are sexually curious and will feel better about doing it with that one person over and over. From my standpoint I would love a true friends with benefits because im a dude and I want to have sex often lol and I would rather do it with someone I know and trust rather than a girl at the bar (I'm sober right now lol). From my point it's not a commitment thing I just want to have sex. I can be sexually attracted to a girl that I get along with but just don't view her as a girl friend or a wife in any way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Friends with benefits aren't committed to each other. You aren't obliged to take care of the other person, you don't owe them anything and you don't really care what they do. Besides, being friends with someone and being physically attracted to them doesn't mean you want to date them. I have a bunch of hot friends I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with.