Guy friend has a major crush on me, what to do?

Its a big crush, my cousin said its akin to the one she has on someone else which is literally struggling to get that person out of your mind.

I've got two plans in mind.

Either play dumb and see what happens.
Or ask him straight out so i can let him down easy.

Because to be honest i dont like the guy, as a friend, yes, romantic or sexual interest? No.

So i want to see what you guys reckon is the best way to go or if you have another idea i haven't even thought of.

I just dont want to hurt him, but i really dont like him the same way.
Forgot to mention, he's a new friend, not an old one. Weve known each other just a little over a month

17

Most Helpful Guy

• If you come and tell him out right you will crush him. But least you won't waist his time too. You will lose him as a friend at least as a close friend. Well if you don't then the message didn't go in. It also might have some further social ramifications but not much and not nearly as much as if you left this to stew.

I 3rd option would be to. Mis-direct. Little underhanded but an other friend and yourself could find and introduce him to someone who likes him. I know its a Little teen drama but it does work and it's worth a try cos it won't crush him. If they do end up together tell him your not into him asap and he'll be pretty ok with it then.

If that plan doesn't work then rip the bandaid off. Your going to do him a favour

• The problem with your 3rd option is he's actually in a poly relationship (didnt mention this as thought it might drag people off topic) so finding someone for him whos okay with having lunch with his wife now and then might be difficult XD

The thing is that he doesn't know i know, my cousin was sworn to secrecy. She only told me because i recognised the weasling when she began digging for my opinion on poly relationships, then not a half hour later on the guy.

• Subtle! Yeah you definitely could have mentioned that. I'll give it a think I'm usually good at this kinda thing. I think what strikes me right now As odd is the you painted him to be some kind of love Sick puppy and yet he's in a poly relationship in my experience those two tend to be mutually exclusive is it possible that he intentionally told your cousin knowing she would tell you opening up this possibility. To be honest it's a bit of a clever move.

If that is true they definitely won't be cut up about it. And even if it's not true a poly relationship changes the internal dynamic in his head it would certainly cushion the Blow.

Most Helpful Girl

• turn him down nicely
    and just mention how u only see him as a friend