What makes you decide whether a girl will be a "hook up" or a potential partner worth putting the time in?

I'm actually pretty curious about the responses for this one. Looking for a relationship, and want to be able to send the right signals/know how to present myself?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I only ever looked for serious relationships. But as far as red flags go if you do to much on a first date I would assume that you were just looking for a good time. Usually when I look for something serious I will go out on what I call a test date. Just do something fun together and see if we get along. I would never kiss her though to be sure that things wouldn't move to quickly or if I had my signals crossed. And if she still seemed just as interested the next day after all this I would think she had good girlfriend potential.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Intangibles- personality, how she treats others, sense of humor, is she fun to be around, is she compatible with me, does she want a long term relationship...

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say there is anything specific about what you do it's more about the other person's expectations. I suppose it's easy to ensure it's a hook up because it'll be clear sex is the desired end game.
    If it's a potential partner your looking for the whatever you say or do the will pay interest and if you do end up making love he'll remember your name after.

1|0
    0|0
  • When we are young, we aren't really looking for anything serious, though i am talking for myself right now. We are young, we are stupid, i know i have the potential to fuck up most relationship because of the dumb youthful impulsiveness of my feelings and actions. I don't have a good taste in women yet, i don't know what i like/want/need so i just, you know, live life. I am 18, am i really to blame? You are 26, far from old but i think guy's your age will be more serious about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What she brings to the table outside of physical attraction. I know most people seem to think men usually care only about sex. And to be honest, to a degree that's not entirely false. But a lot of men are simply just as opportunistic as women can be. So basically anything other than sex appeal, like for example, the ability to hold an intellectual conversation, presents an opportunity for me to consider a long term commitment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Connection. If you connect with someone, you will want to see them again.
    Haven't I already commented on one of your posts? Where you basically described yourself as a perfect gf/wife material?

1|0
    0|0
    • Im nowhere near perfect, i'm apparently just an over achiever lol. But yes I did post the cheater question too. Trying to learn a new way of doing this. Want to upgrade my radar a little bit and send different signals.

• I understand you don't consider yourself perfect, but read that post again and you will realize you were described a perfect girlfriend

• Great to be honest... most evil men seek your type of cluelessness but just talk good then you can be found 😙

2|0
    0|0
  • by the way it depends how her personality is and how her approach is. It depends on a lot of things. Some examples would be a guy knowing about the history she has which the guy can make the decision as either keeping it temporary or permanent. If he wants long term he would be asking you a lot of questions and would be concerned about a lot of things. If he's just going with the flow and taking it easy it means he just wants to have a good time with you until he finds someone better LOL #Truth

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. I'm not that into the hookup scene, but the basic difference lies within personality and the things I like. There is a minimum physical requirement for me to be attracted, but after that, it's the inner connection that would count.

0|0
    0|0
  • if she cares about sex more than trust, Romance, Understanding, Compromising and other important things in a relationship, then she's def not my type at all

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think men actually decide on this in advance - it's more of a 'well where does this interaction take me'. Connection/romance is great, but if it doesn't transpire sex and hooking up can be fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes