Why is this wrong?

My boyfriend is in the Marines. He wants to marry me but I don’t want to get married. I want to focus on my career but he wants to start a family. He dropped hints about proposing soon so I started panicking. I told him I will propose to him soon, in my uniform and make it all nice and official. Proper. He agreed. I wanted to propose to him so I can control when I want to get married. But in actual fact, I don’t ever want to get married. So when he asks me when I’m popping the question, I always tell him “soon”. Besides, he can’t even possibly support a damn family on sergeant wage. But what’s wrong with this? My friends are telling me I’m wrong! I don’t want him to pop the question in public with his dress uniform, cause he told me he is getting married in it! It’s extremely embarrassing!

//I’m asking for a female friend of mine. This isn’t asked for myself.//

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Do you really love him? Because if you did then you wouldn't be reacting like this. If you're not contented with him and doesn't value him the way he does to you then i suggest you leave him so that he wouldn't waste his time getting his hopes up on the kind of future he wants for the both of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not good to lead him on like that. If you don't want to get married, you should tell him that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• She needs to end this relationship. They do not want the same things. He is anxious to marry and start a family. She does not want to do this. She should be honest and tell him to find another woman to marry.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes