I'm turning into a bitter, heartless person. What should I do?

Whenever I try to raise a friendship into something more with a girl it never works out. They don't like me for whatever reason and it hurts. I've experienced more than 50 rejections and not a single acceptance. It's turning me into what it is, a rejected person. I honestly don't think I'm a bad guy by any means but now I look at dating and see it like its something that's not meant for me or am I deserving of it. I have no idea why. I hate that I have to feel like this, but I don't want to be a girlfriendless virgin at age 50. it sure seems as if it's shaping out to be like that.

03