Do you think he may still have feelings for his ex even though he’s with me? Please read since it’s really bothering me?

I’ve been dating this guy since July, but he has yet to make it official. He only mentioned his ex girlfriend once and it was because she was apart of the story he was in. l noticed in October when we were on a weekend getaway that his ex texted him and it totally hurt me. He never mentioned that she texts him, and still never has. He gave me his phone password without me asking so one day l looked through his texts and saw that she will repeatedly text him and he will reply every few weeks or so. It seems like normal catching up. l also saw that they sometimes had hour long phone conversations. l was putting away his laundry while he was showering and l came across some pictures he has in his closet. Most were of his family but two photos were of him and his ex. She lives in Ohio where he’s originally from, and now he’s in Michigan for work where he lives with his college buddy who also knows his ex. His buddy said that he liked me the best out of all the girls my guy has been with. Honestly if l never saw that she texted him l would have no other problems. He spends a lot of time with me, wanted to go to my grandpas to cook food, and just how he looks at me, l can tell he has feelings for me. He said he really likes me, but being together for 5 months l have yet to hear the L word. He also recently changed his phone password and we haven’t been hanging out as much since l have final exams coming up. Do you think he and his ex are just friends after dating for 5 years, or should l be worried? Also, l know snooping through his phone was wrong, but so is leading someone on and using them as a rebound, so please don’t mention that since l haven’t done it since!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he just wants to be friends with his ex. It's normal to feel that way, but at the end of the day, he still chose you as his partner. I also think he has strong feelings for you but is scared to tell you, for whatever reasons he may have. I also think it's normal to have an hour of conversation with an ex, to chat up and tell stories about their experiences. Don't worry, just focus on the good things, and good things will happen.
    Hope this helps :)

1|0
    0|0
    • So you really think it is possible to remain friends with an ex? From the little l do know they dated for 5 years and lived together (found this out from Facebook stalking lol) so l guess that if it didn’t work out then there’s a reason right? l guess I’m also just a bit insecure since it’s taking him so long to express his feelings, and l never thought serious ex’s could just be friends

• Being friends with an ex can happen, it's part of moving on. Don't worry, we all have our insecurities, just think that you two are happy to be in a relationship and cherish every moment, thinking about bad things in your relationship won't get you anywhere good. I do suggest that you open your side to your partner instead of keeping it to yourself, once you get rid of what's bothering you, you'll be left with good memories. :)

• Thank you so much! I’ll definitely do what you suggested 😊

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes